Bot is off line...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Joe Grubbs

View Badges
Reaction score
So, my bot is two weeks old. Yesterday it went 'off line' with the LEDs solid blue.

I rebooted the ASUS router, mesh router, and bot. The bot came back with flashing blue LEDs. It will not connect to the network via WIFI or E-Cable.

Tried to re-connect with the app to the WIFI, error message that there is a problem...re-booted the phone and the bot...same issue. However the bot did show up on the ASUS Router with an IP address (this is progress), and the LEDs turned blue. However the app shows the bot is off line (red dot & log shows off line) and trying to communicate to it reports it is off line.

Deleted the Bot from the app, mistake as I now can only get the error message when trying to connect the wifi. connecting the E-cable will change the LEDs to blue, but the app still reports it as off line.

Any other ideas as to what to do next?? (...and yes, I started by working with support but, I'm still broke...)

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
So, my bot is two weeks old. Yesterday it went 'off line' with the LEDs solid blue.

I rebooted the ASUS router, mesh router, and bot. The bot came back with flashing blue LEDs. It will not connect to the network via WIFI or E-Cable.

Tried to re-connect with the app to the WIFI, error message that there is a problem...re-booted the phone and the bot...same issue. However the bot did show up on the ASUS Router with an IP address (this is progress), and the LEDs turned blue. However the app shows the bot is off line (red dot & log shows off line) and trying to communicate to it reports it is off line.

Deleted the Bot from the app, mistake as I now can only get the error message when trying to connect the wifi. connecting the E-cable will change the LEDs to blue, but the app still reports it as off line.

Any other ideas as to what to do next?? (...and yes, I started by working with support but, I'm still broke...)
Hello, kindly email us on [email protected] and our support team will assist you.

Thanks.

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
I've been using the support feature of the app to chat, very convenient-thanks. But, it is after hours now, and we are into a long weekend... so, while I wait, I'm looking for more ideas.
You can restart your bot (because the bot will publish Bluetooth for 10 minutes after booting) go to bots, select your bot, got to settings, press on the small pen beside WiFi connection, reenter your WiFi password.

OP
OP
J

Joe Grubbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Update, verified that the Bot is on the network with an ip address (192.168.1.185) from the auto assign pool. Leds are blue, but the app will not connect to the bot.

Rebooted the bot (pulled out the power supply, waited 30 seconds, plugged back in)… LEDs come on solid red and after a few minutes turn white, then turn solid Blue. From the app, 'search for bot' finds the device, click on the bot, select the wifi, enter the pw (LEDs blink blue), and returns error message 'cannot connect' … re-trying provides the error message 'something went wrong, pls try again'... However, the LEDs on the bot turn solid blue and the bot shows back up on the device list of the network with the original IP address.

The app still refers to the bot as off line...

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Update, verified that the Bot is on the network with an ip address (192.168.1.185) from the auto assign pool. Leds are blue, but the app will not connect to the bot.

Rebooted the bot (pulled out the power supply, waited 30 seconds, plugged back in)… LEDs come on solid red and after a few minutes turn white, then turn solid Blue. From the app, 'search for bot' finds the device, click on the bot, select the wifi, enter the pw (LEDs blink blue), and returns error message 'cannot connect' … re-trying provides the error message 'something went wrong, pls try again'... However, the LEDs on the bot turn solid blue and the bot shows back up on the device list of the network with the original IP address.

The app still refers to the bot as off line...
The support team will reply back to you by email ASAP

Blizzahjh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I had mine lose connection twice, both times a power cycle fixed the issue for me.

OP
OP
J

Joe Grubbs

View Badges
Reaction score
I woke up to a message from support this morning. And, from the logs, found the bot had reconnected to the app a couple hours after the reply. It is running tests now...

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 33.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back