Both of my cleaner shrimps spawn in my reef!!! (Videos attached)

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So both my cleaner shrimps spawns in my reef last Monday. Haven’t been able to get around to upload and post the video on here.

Happened around 12am. I did one final check before bed and noticed something was floating in the tank. I turned off the flow and…..

behold!! I’m a father to hundreds of baby shrimps! I turned off the flow, return, skimmer, reactors. Everything for a couple hours to allow the fish, corals and whatever else to try and catch some of the baby shrimps.

A ton were also in my filter socks and I flipped the socks into the sump and let the shrimps get into the sump. Hopefully some are still alive and hiding in the chaeto. Below I attached 4 videos of what I saw! Very unique and happy I was able to see this in person.

Baby cleaner shrimp in filter sock

Both cleaners with babies

Full view of tank

Up close shot of the baby cleaner shrimps

FMF0331

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, I have 6 cleaner shrimps and still waiting for the magic to happen. I always see eggs on the swimmerets.
Or maybe the magic already happed and all the fish had a feast while I was asleep.

OP
OP
Zeal

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing.
Do you do moon lighting?
I do for a couple hours

Awesome, I have 6 cleaner shrimps and still waiting for the magic to happen. I always see eggs on the swimmerets.
Or maybe the magic already happed and all the fish had a feast while I was asleep.
I was surprised the fish weren’t going crazy. Guess everyone was sleeping

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back