Bought a K1 Nano from IceCap. It overflows with water no mater what I try. HELP

smarthawk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All, I bought a K1 Nano skimmer for my IM Nuvo 25 lagoon and since day 1 the skimmer has just continuously filled with water no matter the adjustments I’ve made. I tried to lower the water level in my sump area and I’ve also tried to plug a couple of air intakes on my silencer. I can’t get it to stop over flowing. To be honest, this product is currently a 0/5 for me. No instruction manual, the adjustment knob is dinky and when I “adjust” the output it doesn’t feel like the bubbles in the skimmer are effected whatsoever. I may try to lower my water level even more so but I already have a shallow tank as it is. Does anyone have any experience with this skimmer that can help? Or any idea what I should try? I’m wondering if there’s some kind of crack in the plastic or seal that is not working. I also tried to suspend the skimmer on the bracket that came with it to try to have it far above the water level but no cigar. I really hope I didn’t tick 100 dollars down the drain. Please help!

image.jpg 5A670C7E-7DAD-49DF-9B9E-E099A5E669D8.jpeg ADB31721-FAEC-4BE6-84F1-9E1C4E854CDD.jpeg 3E5FC44A-A354-4A3F-9CD4-A64419D4CC3A.jpeg

Bryknicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Raise the skimmer up. I don't have the room to use the magnetic holder like you can't, so I had to build a small stand out of eggcrate to put the skimmer on to get the right height. I think mine is only sitting in around 5 inches of water.

OP
OP
smarthawk

smarthawk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Raise the skimmer up. I don't have the room to use the magnetic holder like you can't, so I had to build a small stand out of eggcrate to put the skimmer on to get the right height. I think mine is only sitting in around 5 inches of water.
I'll give this a try, thanks

OP
OP
smarthawk

smarthawk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll give this a try, thanks

B-Rad Lowe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was working fine until my last water change. Added a little too much water and it overflowed. Now no matter what I do it overflows. Tried raising it and it works with only like 3” of it in the water. This doesn’t seem right.

qukurtis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did anyone get this to work proper ? Have same tank and skimmer, can not get it to work no matter what height I have it set at. Always overflows within seconds.

Bryknicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had mine running close to two years without having to make any adjustments. Adjust the height of the water the skimmer sits in by lifting the skimmer up higher. Do this with the skimmer adjustment set to the open position until you find the right height without it overflowing. Once you get the height set then you can make adjustments to the knob as needed.

Mumin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im having the same issue on my IM lagoon 25. Brand new overflowing with water and bubbles. I tried to raise it but I’m having no luck.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 154 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 27.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 88 35.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.7%
Back