Bought a used Apex controller and trying to get Link to set it my account. Help!

jessezm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the title reads, is there a tutorial for setting up a used Apex (orange label) controller? I'm trying to get my one-time link code to set up my fusion account but the display just says CommOK. do I have to wipe it clean or something? I have updated to latest firmware but that's as far as I can get...

Thanks!

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the display, hit System > Init Memory > All.

This will reset it to factory. I would highly recommend doing this so you're basically starting from scratch.

OP
OP
jessezm

jessezm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that's service! Unfortunately I won't be able to play with it until I get back home from work tonight... I also have to make the long trek back to the seller's house in Atlanta traffic to pick up the two aquabus cables we somehow left behind :-(

hijinks7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
aquabus cables are just normal USB cables.. if its not worth the gas money then just buy USB cables.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The USB cable needs to be non-powered (passive). Just make sure it doesn't say Active (or similar language). The active cables have an amplifier which you do not want to use.

OP
OP
jessezm

jessezm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it! thanks. May end up just making the drive tonight to get the original cables since he's got the power source for my Kessil fuge light as well...

But good to know for the future!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back