Bounce mushrooms?

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are all or most all rhodactus mushrooms considered bonuce mushrooms now? Or is just the super bubbly or "marbled" mushrooms?
Some are being trademark named like og bounce... ive seen others. Is it mainly the higher end ones? Ty
D

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its the ones with giant tumors on them. Its a mutation eventually (itll take awhile) itll be stable like a plant cultivar or animal breed and those bubbles will likely be larger and more uniform. Atm the bubbles vary alot in size and some lose the big bubbles after shipping or in new params.

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the bubbles are big enough yes you can! Its the big bubbles people are after crazy because imo the mushrooms look better without the giant tumors. Btw I'm not sure if its scientifically accurate to call them tumors but I do because that's def what they look like! Ive read a ton of theory's on what causes it a photoperiod extension may bring it on but that's risky for the health of the tank. Could also be phenotypic variation in which case it would be a toss up and rely on whatever one displays the trait to be propagated.

face

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Call it what you want. Needs nice size and pop to be worth more than a nickel though.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Call it what you want. Needs nice size and pop to be worth more than a nickel though.
you would be surprised, i have seen listings for "microbubble mushrooms" before for over 100. some of these vendors need to be f'ng honest, we all know that is just a made up name for a regular rhodactis, but some newbies get swindled

face

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
you would be surprised, i have seen listings for "microbubble mushrooms" before for over 100. some of these vendors need to be f'ng honest, we all know that is just a made up name for a regular rhodactis, but some newbies get swindled
Vendors can be predators foe sure but 99% of the time it doesn’t work.

Back