Bounce Shroom Progress

injen57

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice! im T. here is mine a year ago. wish i can do multiple tanks but you know how the water bill is LOL. That build will look very interesting!
DSC_0463.jpg

OP
OP
ReefCartel

ReefCartel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. i agree. Both Pg&e and water lol. im making the corner tank a QT for both Corals and fish. Just an emergency tank just in case something goes sour lol gotta have an evacuation plan for a tank crash lol

Last edited:

nelson.jdautobody

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2014-06-15 16.33.01.jpg .jpg its not hit with direct flow at all, it might be lighting but my radio g3 pro is only at 20 percent..on 20k... i just miss his puffyness =[

i run my radion gen3pro on the "radiant" setting at 50% and supplement that with 4 t5 bulbs all on a 40 gallon breeder. i have always placed my bounce to the very bottom of the tank and even in a fairly good flow area (now i switched it to a lower flow area where there is also less lighting just to see if i can get it to kick out a baby for me). both my t5's and my radion are 14inches above the water surface. my bounce loves both lower and moderate flow areas and lower direct light as well as lower indirect lighting. i actually think the bubbles were fatter when there was more flow and more light but it does look larger overall under the less flow and less light. point being i think i would bump your radion up to at least 35% and see how it goes?? just my opinion for what its worth

nelson.jdautobody

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i run my radion gen3pro on the "radiant" setting at 50% and supplement that with 4 t5 bulbs all on a 40 gallon breeder. i have always placed my bounce to the very bottom of the tank and even in a fairly good flow area (now i switched it to a lower flow area where there is also less lighting just to see if i can get it to kick out a baby for me). both my t5's and my radion are 14inches above the water surface. my bounce loves both lower and moderate flow areas and lower direct light as well as lower indirect lighting. i actually think the bubbles were fatter when there was more flow and more light but it does look larger overall under the less flow and less light. point being i think i would bump your radion up to at least 35% and see how it goes?? just my opinion for what its worth

do it slowly though....like 5% a week until you get there

OP
OP
ReefCartel

ReefCartel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually Bounce shrooms are a little tricky. They expand more at Low light because they Reach for the light. With High light they will shrink a little because they get too much and can stress them out. IME i like to keep them at a Par of 150-200. 450nm Blues. The bubbles blow up with subtle flow and constant replenishment of Trace. Just like any other coral though.

injen57

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

thx for the suggestion.. i bumped it up actually to 25 percent this past month and seems to doing great but still not bubblying up, i also do agree with reefcartel that the mushrooms like to expand more with low light, also. im pretty sure the mushroom can adapt to medium or low light.

OP
OP
ReefCartel

ReefCartel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The expand of the entire shroom is about 3 1/2". You cant see it in the photo but if you look up close there are little tiny bubbles that are ready to come out.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back