Bout to Jump in!

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are any of you using Cheato in the sump?

Me! I have a wad that started out the size of a tennis ball, and is now the size of a soccer ball. I add phytoplankton a few times a week directly to the refugium. I also run a refugium light at night.

Do most salt water aquariums stock cheato? Or you had to get it online?

My LFS doesn't stock it, but you can find it at Liveaquaria, who I've been buying stock and supplies from for 11+ years. I usually buy my clean-up crew from them (hermit crabs, snails, starfish, etc.). I believe they have a package where if you spend $75 on a CUC, the shipping is free. I'm sure there are other great on-line retailers who stock it, too.

OP
OP
BRIGGZY

BRIGGZY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me! I have a wad that started out the size of a tennis ball, and is now the size of a soccer ball. I add phytoplankton a few times a week directly to the refugium. I also run a refugium light at night.

My LFS doesn't stock it, but you can find it at Liveaquaria, who I've been buying stock and supplies from for 11+ years. I usually buy my clean-up crew from them (hermit crabs, snails, starfish, etc.). I believe they have a package where if you spend $75 on a CUC, the shipping is free. I'm sure there are other great on-line retailers who stock it, too.
Thanks I’ll check ou Liveaquaria! The tank already has a few clean up crew members, is there a set amount or the more the merrier?

ReefGrammie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I’ll check ou Liveaquaria! The tank already has a few clean up crew members, is there a set amount or the more the merrier?

Liveaquaria also has CUC packages with recommended crabs, snails, etc. based on your tank size. Another one I've used over the years is Reef Cleaners. John is great to work with!

OP
OP
BRIGGZY

BRIGGZY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Liveaquaria also has CUC packages with recommended crabs, snails, etc. based on your tank size. Another one I've used over the years is Reef Cleaners. John is great to work with!
Ah I’m in Australia so not sure these websites will work for me

AquaLocker

AquaLocker.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R.jpg

ReefGrammie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah I’m in Australia so not sure these websites will work for me

Wow, I didn't realize that! Welcome from very far away! Maybe you can find some answers here: Australian Marine Societies

The Australian Classifieds thread seems to have some online information!

OP
OP
BRIGGZY

BRIGGZY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, so moved the tank from 830am yesterday to 530 am today! And all in. It’s looking great but lost 4 fish due to heat in travel I believe, does anyone have experience with brain coral? What are the chances of this coming back? Also has anyone got advice for Aptaisia? Saw one on a rock

22103E9C-7A27-4773-9AE8-C0B859ED7DFD.jpeg

OP
OP
BRIGGZY

BRIGGZY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, so moved the tank from 830am yesterday to 530 am today! And all in. It’s looking great but lost 4 fish due to heat in travel I believe, does anyone have experience with brain coral? What are the chances of this coming back? Also has anyone got advice for Aptaisia? Saw one on a rock

22103E9C-7A27-4773-9AE8-C0B859ED7DFD.jpeg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back