Bowfront magnet????

jandlms

Reef Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have recently set up a 92 gallon corner tank with a curved glass front. I am now to the point where I need to clean the glass a little and I am finding that a standard rectangular shaped magnet does not work very effectively. I have tried several types but all seem inefficiently designed. Does anyone know of a "curved" magnetic cleaner that is marketed?

BigRed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is you just used a medium sized magfloat? they are pretty narrow... sure it may take a little longer but it WILL work! I have used one on my bowfronts before.

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add a thin layer of the hook side velcro to the center (vertical) of the mag float to ake the denter higher. That way it will fit the curve a little better. I haven't seen any production odels made specifically for curved glass.

You could always attempt to DIY something that had a thin magnet in the center and flexible sides... Cutting apart ove of those flexible cutting boards might do it.

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could also get some magic eraser stuff by Mr. Clean and cut a small piece to cover the middle. Sort of like cdness posted above but with the magic eraser abrasive.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back