OP
Bpb

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No meaningful outages for me. Not everyone was so lucky. My house shares a grid with an essential business though so no outages for us.

OP
OP
Bpb

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some opinions from some of you successful sps people. Going to be running a pair of reef breeders photon v2+ units as I’ve mentioned. But....considering adding a pair of the Orphek blue+ bars to the mix as well.

Budget is a bit of a concern and my apex is also about 10 years old now. Can’t imagine it’ll last a lot longer. I don’t do a TON of advanced programming currently but considering maybe trying a little harder with stability in the future and a new apex would help with that.

Cost between the two upgrades would be about the same or at least close enough. Would I really benefit that much from all the additional wavelengths (410 nm, 460 nm, 480 nm) covered by the Orphek bars? Or would you expect it to be negligible? Seems like a good idea but if the $700 spent on those isn’t going to make any appreciable difference in growth I just don’t see the point.

OP
OP
Bpb

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this concludes the thread. Had a lot of ups and downs. Mostly ups!

Tank was drained and removed. My 15 year old clarkii clown and pajama cardinal as well as their only slightly younger tank mates are being babysat in an otherwise empty system by a local until the next chapter.

Life has been hectic. I don’t know that I’ll ever build a house again. We are all moved in. I’m happy it was done but it was dominated by negative moments rather than positive or exciting. Could just be my nature, could be our builder we chose...probably a little of both. At any rate. Next chapter in my reef hobby coming soon.

F2BA99EF-DAC1-42C2-B8C6-4225FA04232E.jpeg

OP
OP
Bpb

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To anyone who’s followed this thread over the years, cmon over to the new place!

No fun coral pictures yet. But let the discussion carry on

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 53 85.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.8%

Back