OP
Bpb

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As suspected. Measured the entire tank at all points using the apogee qm510. I’m getting 550-600 at the surface, and 250 on the sandbed. Most points on the rocks that aren’t shaded are averaging around 300-400 par. Par is ridiculously even laterally and front to back and the only real variation I see is in vertical depth.

OP
OP
Bpb

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Christmas gift to myself

9af4b915b99d2a89226174d31522a8df.jpg

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got the xf250s running for 2 weeks now. Just beware the dead spots straight out in front of them about 10-12 inches. I had to supplement those areas with another pump to keep it moving there.

@mta_morrow experiences this as well.

But I believe there is a way to rotate the cages to direct the flow. Right now on the forward cycle period the outgoing flow is mostly directed about 45° up and across. And equally when in reverse but downward in contrast.

Overall super happy with them. Hope u enjoy urs too. So many options and the programming capabilities with the advanced controllers is finite if u wanna customize it right down to how many seconds u want each operation to work.

Enjoy!

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be experimenting with cage and impeller direction at the end of December when I’m off work

OP
OP
Bpb

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got the xf250s running for 2 weeks now. Just beware the dead spots straight out in front of them about 10-12 inches. I had to supplement those areas with another pump to keep it moving there.

@mta_morrow experiences this as well.

But I believe there is a way to rotate the cages to direct the flow. Right now on the forward cycle period the outgoing flow is mostly directed about 45° up and across. And equally when in reverse but downward in contrast.

Overall super happy with them. Hope u enjoy urs too. So many options and the programming capabilities with the advanced controllers is finite if u wanna customize it right down to how many seconds u want each operation to work.

Enjoy!

So far I’ve yet to see a powerhead that is without fault. I intend on using the gradual pulse mode a lot like brs does on the 160, where the colliding streams oscillates back and forth, in addition to cyclical gyre modes

OP
OP
Bpb

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a separate note. Maybe it’s just me, but I simply cannot overstate how beneficial it is to leave a tank alone. The past 2 weeks I’ve had a pledge to have zero contact with the water. No fragging, no running the algae magnet, no messing with carbon or anything. Just dropping fish food in once a day and vodka dosing for nutrients. At this point I feel like I am seeing daily growth from all sps, even stuff that has been stubborn. Glass looks messy but colors and growth are doing amazing

Daniel Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
01f06be9beaf61ad658f9d8d8080d079.jpg

Night time shot before lights out of the rack. Decided to chop up a couple classics to share. They’ll grow back
Very jealous. @Bpb You've got to tell me what some of those are! The front row middle ones that are yellowish and the orangish one beside those. And far back right corner. Please! :)

OP
OP
Bpb

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re still too expensive for my blood from real vendors, though nothing compared to the dog and pony show that is pricing on new Indonesian acropora. I can’t help but roll my eyes at the $500-1000 price tag a handful of polyps fetches now. Old fashioned I guess

OP
OP
Bpb

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow! You sharing any of those classics with Austin folks???

I would absolutely love to share with the Austin market. Problem is I just am not as active on ARC anymore since it’s been a couple years since I’ve come to town so I can’t post them for sale locally. Do Austin reef folks have a Facebook page? I’ve been doing all of my selling and trading out of Houston lately because it’s only about a 30-45 minute midway meeting point for both parties so it has worked out real well. I’d love to get back into the throw of things with the Austin reef club, it’s just hard for me to make it out that far ever

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back