Brain Coral dying all of a sudden?? Can it still survive?

Michael Tang G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday, my brain coral was looking just fine but today, it looks like it’s on its way to dying and rather rapidly. It looks like it’s torn and the mouth is severely damaged.

I’m just at a loss at how this happened. My water parameters are normal, though I did have a hair algae outbreak but it seems to be under control now and I changed my lighting hours to combat that. My other corals look good and my other brain looks fine as well.

Any idea how this happened and is there any saving it? I’ve had it for well over a year and it’s grown fairly rapidly, and I’d hate to lose it.

02E0BA03-7AF7-4A28-987E-9890D1DA49D7.jpeg ED2E1749-A7AF-4ABF-AA91-3F71F3D821BF.jpeg

Reefer5640

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like something is eating it. What kind of tank mates does it have? In my experience those things are pretty tough. If you can figure out what’s causing it before much more damage occurs it might be able to make a recovery. Kind I’d hard to see exactly how bad the damage is from the pic.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back