Branch 589 jbj 28 cube

Magellan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks, I tried to go with the rule of 1/3rds.

As for bracing the plastic, you could always clamp a piece of plywood to it.

Actually, I'm not such a big fan of glo-fish. However, I set the tank up for Katherine and she has free reign on what fish goes in it. This is also the reason for so many fancy goldfish. I'm not a fan of those either.

I've considering adding some moss on the driftwood but, from what I understand, it's very invasive and once you have moss, you always have moss. There are some other options though.
I definitely would not add moss. Also Katherine has great taste ;)

Best reef aquarium LED lighting
OP
sfin52

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks, I tried to go with the rule of 1/3rds.

As for bracing the plastic, you could always clamp a piece of plywood to it.

Actually, I'm not such a big fan of glo-fish. However, I set the tank up for Katherine and she has free reign on what fish goes in it. This is also the reason for so many fancy goldfish. I'm not a fan of those either.

I've considering adding some moss on the driftwood but, from what I understand, it's very invasive and once you have moss, you always have moss. There are some other options though.
Winolov Java Fern . Moss look

OP
sfin52

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
I know you can buy stock replacement parts at Marine and Reef. I have plenty of stuff you can have too! Don't buy anything yet. Let's see what we can do free. I have something else to send you anyway.
Yep she a great one to have on our side.

I'm not going with a hood. You have an amazing light that you have coming our way. And other goodies.
Marineand reef.com has, (pricey??) the newest LED hood for it, which is wifi controlled. Before I upgraded, I had this hood and it was growing corals nicely, Also had a clam growing under them.
@Katrina71 has some amazing goodies heading our way. We have decided not to replace the hood. Way to expensive and go with an open top. We are going with a screen top. This is going to be a slick build.
@crusso1993 you where talking clamps and not squishy ones @Magellan uses from his so. Can you post?

World Wide Corals - Quality Aqua-cultured Coral
Top Shelf Aquatics
Corals.com

Are you a Builder, Maintainer or Both?

• I woud rather build out a new system

Votes: 132 24.6%
  • I would rather maintain a system than build it out

Votes: 61 11.4%
  • I's passionate about both

Votes: 344 64.1%

Online statistics

Members online