Page's office tank

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6400k and antic and another 6500k but has more red. I'm much happier with the tank now with the new light.
The tank is just under 50g.
I have a 90g reef
55g fowlr
And a this fw planted.
Plants
Windelov Java a bunch. Just gave a few away to a lfs
Two Amazon swords
Just gave 2 to the lfs
Wisteria in the last month gave a ton to the lfs.
So many tanks...I can see into my future!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a t5 sitting basement from the as tank. Just put it on my fw. That makes a huge difference. Thanks for the idea.
IMG_20200210_192125252.jpg

Nice looking FW @sfin52 ! When did you put the T5s on the tank?

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tonight. You guys gave me the idea. To use the old t5 from my sw and use on my fw.

That's what I thought but didn't want to make any assumptions.

FWIW - you're going to probably want to cut down your light period substantially with the T5s. Also, if you're not running CO2, the new T5s could result in a black algae breakout. I'm no FW expert but this is something I recently learned while conducting some research on switching my 90g FW to high-tech. Please feel free to correct me if I am misspeaking or misinformed about this.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I thought but didn't want to make any assumptions.

FWIW - you're going to probably want to cut down your light period substantially with the T5s. Also, if you're not running CO2, the new T5s could result in a black algae breakout. I'm no FW expert but this is something I recently learned while conducting some research on switching my 90g FW to high-tech. Please feel free to correct me if I am misspeaking or misinformed about this.
Interesting!! Why would CO2 be necessary with the T5s?

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting!! Why would CO2 be necessary with the T5s?

Since light intensity drives the need for everything else, the signs of too much light are wide ranging. Too much light causes a demand for more nutrients than is sometimes being delivered. The list of nutrient deficiency is a long one. Too much light causes a demand for more CO2 than is being delivered. This then causes CO2 deficiency which is characterized by melting, falling leaves, deterioration and rotting, black spots, brown spots, curling or other leaf deformation, as well as holes in leaves. CO2 related algae such as Hair or other Filamentous Algae, BBA or other Red Algae. Diatomic Algae can appear after a lighting “upgrade”. It is entirely possible that the lighting is so high that it requires such high levels of CO2 as to be toxic to the fauna.

Edit; the above was from a CO2 equipment supplier so don't go thinking I'm that smart! However, I do like to do my homework/research before applying changes.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait to see the the new tank all set up.!Very nice FW tanks, too! I always kill my plants, so it's nice to see tanks where people have succeeded in doing what I can't lol
Lots of fish + lots of fish food = lots of plant fertilizer ;)

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since light intensity drives the need for everything else, the signs of too much light are wide ranging. Too much light causes a demand for more nutrients than is sometimes being delivered. The list of nutrient deficiency is a long one. Too much light causes a demand for more CO2 than is being delivered. This then causes CO2 deficiency which is characterized by melting, falling leaves, deterioration and rotting, black spots, brown spots, curling or other leaf deformation, as well as holes in leaves. CO2 related algae such as Hair or other Filamentous Algae, BBA or other Red Algae. Diatomic Algae can appear after a lighting “upgrade”. It is entirely possible that the lighting is so high that it requires such high levels of CO2 as to be toxic to the fauna.

Edit; the above was from a CO2 equipment supplier so don't go thinking I'm that smart! However, I do like to do my homework/research before applying changes.
Translation: lighting is really important! I’m appreciating our Marineland LED even more lol

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick pic of a still clouded tank from stirring up the bed and moving things with big light bounce off of the new, bleached oak piece of driftwood. We'll see how clear it is tomorrow. I also have another big piece of driftwood soaking right now. Not sure if I'll use it, or not, but will figure it out in the next few days. Oh, and it may not look like it but there are 37 fish in this tank.

20200210_205951.jpg

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick pic of a still clouded tank from stirring up the bed and moving things with big light bounce off of the new, bleached oak piece of driftwood. We'll see how clear it is tomorrow. I also have another big piece of driftwood soaking right now. Not sure if I'll use it, or not, but will figure it out in the next few days. Oh, and it may not look like it but there are 37 fish in this tank.

20200210_205951.jpg
Looks good!! Wondering where the other 28 fish are hiding ;Hilarious

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20200210_205951.jpg
Very nice.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%

Back