Page's office tank

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I tried to go with the rule of 1/3rds.

As for bracing the plastic, you could always clamp a piece of plywood to it.

Actually, I'm not such a big fan of glo-fish. However, I set the tank up for Katherine and she has free reign on what fish goes in it. This is also the reason for so many fancy goldfish. I'm not a fan of those either.

I've considering adding some moss on the driftwood but, from what I understand, it's very invasive and once you have moss, you always have moss. There are some other options though.
I definitely would not add moss. Also Katherine has great taste ;)

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I tried to go with the rule of 1/3rds.

As for bracing the plastic, you could always clamp a piece of plywood to it.

Actually, I'm not such a big fan of glo-fish. However, I set the tank up for Katherine and she has free reign on what fish goes in it. This is also the reason for so many fancy goldfish. I'm not a fan of those either.

I've considering adding some moss on the driftwood but, from what I understand, it's very invasive and once you have moss, you always have moss. There are some other options though.
Winolov Java Fern . Moss look

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you can buy stock replacement parts at Marine and Reef. I have plenty of stuff you can have too! Don't buy anything yet. Let's see what we can do free. I have something else to send you anyway.
Yep she a great one to have on our side.

I'm not going with a hood. You have an amazing light that you have coming our way. And other goodies.
Marineand reef.com has, (pricey??) the newest LED hood for it, which is wifi controlled. Before I upgraded, I had this hood and it was growing corals nicely, Also had a clam growing under them.
@Katrina71 has some amazing goodies heading our way. We have decided not to replace the hood. Way to expensive and go with an open top. We are going with a screen top. This is going to be a slick build.
@crusso1993 you where talking clamps and not squishy ones @Magellan uses from his so. Can you post?

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look I had some pretty frisky fish this morning.
IMG_20200212_191133266.jpg
IMG_20200212_191128200.jpg

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this tank! Is that a crayfish I see in the corner @crusso1993 ?

Thanks!

Stephan nailed it. They are catfish. In the other corner are loaches. We have three of them. The largest is about 6" and the other two aren't far behind.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back