Brand comparison - Waterbox, Innovative Marine and Red Sea

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a Red Sea e260, it has been a good tank so far. I purchased it for $1500 used, maybe a year old when I got it. Shortly after getting the tank I added the optional sump. No real complaints with the setup other than the lights really suck. The power adapters are garbage and the lights occasionally disconnect from wireless, the app is less than adequate. Whatever I do in the future I will not have any lights that use a phone app. As many others before me, I have already outgrown my tank. Next year I will be debt free and I will be planning an upgrade. I want to run the e260 along with a new tank and slowly transition things over a 1-2 year period. I am doing preliminary research on the different tanks and would love some feedback from people that have possibly owned two or more of these brands and how did they compare for you? Since I have only owned a Red Sea I have nothing to compare it too and with the amount of money I will be dumping on a new system, I need all the help I can get with picking one out. The space I have to put this tank, it will be at an angle in the corner of the room, close to the exterior wall. Measuring I think I will be limited to 4-5 foot max, depth I have more leeway.

Last edited:

Dr. Phil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a waterbox and just bought a new one. Great quality but I have not owned the other brands so not much perspective here other than comparing to tanks that are not one stop shops.

Geebs19

Give me all the Euphyllia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would also throw in Pro Clear into you research. I am absolutely in love with my tank and setup.

LgTas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Own three waterbox (Marine x 90.3, 60.2 and the peninsula 25) and am very happy. My only comparison I can give is they are light years better than Aqua One.

If money is no object, have a look at the Cade. Ive seen them in the flesh and they are a premium setup with a lot of thought put into their design.

OP
OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Own three waterbox (Marine x 90.3, 60.2 and the peninsula 25) and am very happy. My only comparison I can give is they are light years better than Aqua One.

If money is no object, have a look at the Cade. Ive seen them in the flesh and they are a premium setup with a lot of thought put into their design.
I did actually browse the cade, I love the cabinet. Money is really not a concern on this. I may have to save another paycheck or two, but since this could be the last tank I buy, I would rather wait and get what I want.

Back