AI Nero 5

saullman

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I am in despirate need of help. I just bought a brand new Aquamaxx Puratek RODI unit. As I was unboxing it and putting it together, I broke a 90 degree connector which connects to the cap of the RO membrane. It is completely my fault because I didn't read the directions all the way through. I was supposed to disconnect the line going into the membrane before unscrewing the cap. Now I have a broken connector and a part of it is stuck in the cap. I will provide pics below so you can see what I'm talking about. Now, to make matters worse I purchased the unit from Marine Depot just before they merged with BRS. Being a brand new unit, I am trying to get help through the manufacturer, but I have not received any replies. Nor do I know if I will get any at all with the merger which is why I'm reaching out to this community for help.

Thanks in advance,
Kenny G.

85713A37-9484-4F71-B2F1-2C0F87AFA731.jpeg D58A63A6-F6CB-4AEC-8DED-E35C98FEC650.jpeg

AS

lapin

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
OP
saullman

saullman

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
To get the piece out use an easy out (screw extractor)
You dont need any lube and there is no need to drill it since it has a hole in the middle.
It works by screwing it in ( in reverse ). As it gets tighter in the hole it will unscrew the stuck part.

While at the hardware get another John Guest 90
Ok. I will do that. What is a John Guest 90?

Avast

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I had this happen and stuck a screwdriver in it and pressed the ring and it came right out. Very easy and cheap repair !!

Reef Chasers Aquaculture

stevolough

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I guarantee there are a dozen ways to get it out. The easy out is the best solution so no damage happens to the treads. And when you put the new one in use a little Teflon tape on the treads and don’t over tighten it.

OP
saullman

saullman

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Thanks guys for all of your help. I picked up a screw extractor from HD and it came right out. Now I just have to locate the part that broke. However, I have a few questions:

1- I'm not sure what I need to ask for? Is it called a John guest 90 like lapin mentioned
2- what size am I looking for on both ends? I think the end with the tubing is 1/4", but I'm not sure about the other end that screws in to the cap?
3- Is this going to be a specialty part that I need to order or can I find it locally?

AI Hydra

IS RTN/STN MORE COMMON THAN IT USED TO BE?

• Yes! I (and/or my friends) have experienced it more than it used happen.

Votes: 56 21.5%
  • No. I think it's about the same.

Votes: 84 32.3%
  • No. It's actually less common than it used to be.

Votes: 26 10.0%
  • I've never experienced RTN/STN.

Votes: 29 11.2%
  • What's RTN/STN?

Votes: 65 25.0%
Kessil