0   0   0
fullsizeoutput_815.jpeg
New Scape. Fiberglass rods are used

medic17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone else plan out the aqua scales in advance? I even draw in what corals I want to place and where lol. This is a roach scape I’m in the process of curing in the garage for a 187 gallon build tank dims are 60x36x20
890Y475.jpg

I have never thought of that. Great idea guess it all depends on the type of lighting as the par levels as to the placement of different corals

JCTReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to use fiberglass rods as well to keep the rocks sturdy that way I can take the apart to change the scape up or to clean. I bought a masonary but to drill the rock to place the rods
Drilling makes things so much more sturdy. I don't trust epoxies to hold things together. LOL! And the options are limitless on how you can design your aquascape. Nice and open. Good Flow. I used a masonry bit as well. Acrylic rod works well also. I also drilled 1/8th inch holes in the rock work to peg corals. Ordered 1/8th inch acrylic rod to make custom plugs. I like it that you can move a coral if needed by doing it this way.

Ohiostreetz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   2   0
I have never thought of that. Great idea guess it all depends on the type of lighting as the par levels as to the placement of different corals

Yea placement and par values play a big role as long as you know the corals and where they can thrive par value wise then you can plan out where they will be. My tank is 36” front to back and i will be running a 60” 8 bulb power module and will be testing par levels

Jake270

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So we will be moving soon and having to break down the tanks to move obviously. Will be setting them right back up. Not looking forward to it with the 65. But the 20 I'm planing on changing up some. There is a lady over on nano reef who had a multi level seahorse tank with rocks sectioning off the sand bed to where it has multiple levels. Seems way more common in freshwater setups. Anyone doing something similar love this looks and trying to get more inspiration

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone else plan out the aqua scales in advance? I even draw in what corals I want to place and where lol. This is a roach scape I’m in the process of curing in the garage for a 187 gallon build tank dims are 60x36x20
890Y475.jpg

Yes. I did something similar. I have posted some elsewhere, but since you asked
(purple is live rock, grey is shelf rock, dual returns and gyre position shown):

Front
BB95DB26-5DE3-49C0-85B9-78C06AB0110F.jpeg

Top Down
771E3D1B-F69C-4463-A566-632D12FE42A6.jpeg

Coral Possibilities:
8B47F4D1-D633-4D5E-9AA3-1D8FB83F9D5B.jpeg

I am picking up live rock in the next couple of weeks. Doing this will help me pick out the rock. I have a couple of versions that have helped me get used to my tank’s dimensions and possibilities. And its limitations. It is not exactly what I will do, but helps me think.

My tank was delayed, so I had a lot of time on my hands as my excitement for the setup was building. :)

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always liked the more minimal scapes, and went for that with my 90. Plus I knew I wanted a lot of LPS, stuff like Trachyphillia that like the sand bed so I wanted to keep it open. The two main structures were done with marcos rocks cement. A friend of mine did the smaller one on the right side of the tank. He said he wanted to experiment and I've seen his work so I was happy to let him.

IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_1373.jpg

IMG_1379.jpg

medic17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always liked the more minimal scapes, and went for that with my 90. Plus I knew I wanted a lot of LPS, stuff like Trachyphillia that like the sand bed so I wanted to keep it open. The two main structures were done with marcos rocks cement. A friend of mine did the smaller one on the right side of the tank. He said he wanted to experiment and I've seen his work so I was happy to let him.

IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_1373.jpg

IMG_1379.jpg

That’s wicked. Really like both scapes.

Branespikin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
890Y475.jpg
I dont think the bike will fit

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back