Brand new G5 XR 30s blue don’t work!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jonathan Iu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hooked it up . Worked initially when I plugged in . Then downloaded möbius app and did firmware update. Can’t get it to work. Buttons blinking red and blue. Unplugged and plugged back in..light on for 5 seconds then off.

like this guy

I expect better for new $800 lights.

Attachments

• IMG_0054.MOV
    3 MB
Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jonathan Iu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did. I think there's something wrong with the Mobius app. I'm trying to set the sunrise to 11am and sunset to 11pm so i can view the tank at night but it keeps on reverting to 8am and 5pm. When its on 8am to 5pm then the buttons are a solid blue. If I change to 11am to 11pm then the buttons are blinking red and blue

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jonathan Iu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now the Mobius app cant even connect to the G5. Did a factory reset, button still blinking.....arghhhhhh. Turned off and on....Now cant even do a factory reset. Just blinking...Very disappointing...

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jonathan Iu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok will do...hahah. thought i was upgrading from my orpheks...look like i be going back to them until Ecotech gets its stuff together. They really need to work on their QC.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jonathan Iu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From customer support

Jon,

Thank you for contacting us! I am sorry to see the issue you are having. If you ware unable to reset it or remove it from the Mobius app, it may be a hardware related issue.

U

User1

View Badges
Mobius fail just like the reeflink already? Smh

OP maybe didn't do a play by play email chain but they are just now reaching out to see what they can do. We know they are not going to leave the OP hanging by saying possible hardware issue.

Sucky - sure. End of the world - no. Things may take a bit more time with the current world events though but I do with them the best of luck to sorting out the issue.

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good luck getting them to fix it. I had a defective one and contacted them for a replacement. 10 days later after constantly talking to them and having them tell me they had the g5's in stock I just wasn't on top of their priority list, they had more important orders that they could sell and make more money on, that take care of someone who already paid, I had to return it to BulkReef for a refund.

jason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok will do...hahah. thought i was upgrading from my orpheks...look like i be going back to them until Ecotech gets its stuff together. They really need to work on their QC.

Curious was this the first gen or 2nd gen Orpheks replaced? I literally see no one saying they needed to upgrade from orpheks.

OP
OP
J

Jonathan Iu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious was this the first gen or 2nd gen Orpheks replaced? I literally see no one saying they needed to upgrade from orpheks.
V2. I just wanted to try the G5’s given the new tech. I shied away from the G4’s given my own experience with the Ecotech range . I had L1 return pump which failed after a year and a MP60W which had a faulty WiFi connection. Also frustrating Reeflink experiences. I wanted to give Ecotech a chance with new G5’s however this just reaffirmed my concerns about their QC and the reliability of their products. I mean the G5’s just came out , how many could they have made to check properly?? This is a premium product that sells for $800!!! Yea sure you could send it back to get repaired (in my case returned) but it’s a hassle . With a delicate a hobby like reef keeping you need to have confidence in the product you are buying. Like I said this isn’t an isolated incident. Companies don’t understand the damage this does to the psyche of someone buying their products. One would have expected better from a company who touts premium products.

Good luck with the rest of the people trying to decipher Möbius. I’ll stick with my v2s.

ChuckTownReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my understanding they are closed because of what's going on and are doing what they can from home.

OP
OP
J

Jonathan Iu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Ecotech! Just spent 2 hours lining up in the post office trying to send this back !!!

OP
OP
J

Jonathan Iu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck getting them to fix it. I had a defective one and contacted them for a replacement. 10 days later after constantly talking to them and having them tell me they had the g5's in stock I just wasn't on top of their priority list, they had more important orders that they could sell and make more money on, that take care of someone who already paid, I had to return it to BulkReef for a refund.
Disgraceful! How can you release a new product with so many defective units!

U

User1

View Badges
Disgraceful! How can you release a new product with so many defective units!

Could I ask a favor please? I know you are frustrated. Fully understand. I'm not even the vendor but apologize that you are in the situation you are in and feeling a bit helpless. However, if you could take a step back and look at the current situation in the U.S. not to mention world, well, delays are expected. I don't think you are helping anyone other than maybe blowing off some steam and venting.

Just take a step back, look around, and count to 10. I know you are caught up before and now in the middle of a pandemic but I don't think the above comment is helping you. I'm sure it will be taken care of. Hang tight and have a bit of extra patience during these difficult times.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 10.0%
Back