Brand New Red Sea 250!!

paulgriffin971

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my 2nd saltwater reef! I’m SO excited! I saved up and finally got a Red Sea. If I had more $, I would have gone bigger, but this will be me baby. It was purchased on June 17, and SLOWLY progressed over the past two months.

BAFEA76D-1172-4447-928E-EE69DB52846E.jpeg CEF734EB-AA10-436A-8ABA-503B9C90F4A0.jpeg

JonChicago

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
following. Good luck! I upgraded to a RS250 back in March and its been great. I haven't put together a new build thread yet tho.

OP
OP
P

paulgriffin971

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best part about the red sea is that everything comes wiyh it except for lights, pump, and skimmer. That way you can customize. Cost works out in my favor that way. I plan on doing monitoring and dosing manually for a while so I can understand more about what does what For specific corals, and save space in the cabinet. Then maybe an apex. The glass and cabinet are top notch. I’m running a single hydra52 for lighting, and two mp-10’s for extra flow. I used live rock and got apstasia and majano right out of the gate. Not bad, but yeah there’s that. The one thing I don’t really care for is the gravity top off system. It only lasts 3 days, and the tank covers half of the sump. Probably run a side mounted ATO for extra volume in the future.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back