Brand new tank!! Bad plumbing

ZeroShadez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i just set up my 125 gal reef aquarium hooked up the plumbing and what not. it is a drilled tank put all the live rock in and sand and filled the tank to get ready for cycling. After this i found that i have some leaks in the plumbing and i will be unable to fix them until next weekend. Will it be fine with the power head on and or the heaters? Is my tank going to become disgusting in this time

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i just set up my 125 gal reef aquarium hooked up the plumbing and what not. it is a drilled tank put all the live rock in and sand and filled the tank to get ready for cycling. After this i found that i have some leaks in the plumbing and i will be unable to fix them until next weekend. Will it be fine with the power head on and or the heaters? Is my tank going to become disgusting in this time

drawing-dolphins-hand-painted-dolphin-cartoon-image-and-fish-images.jpg

Should be fine till then. The question is how bad is the leak?

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it dripping.in the sump?or.os water dripping on stand....

Omgitsjoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a steady 1 drip per second it under the overflow line so nothing is dripping now. I was just worried i was going to ruin the water should i run my heaters in the tank?
I would worry more about my floor than the water. As far as ruining the water, you're fine. Id place a bucket or something underneath to catch it.

OP
OP
ZeroShadez

ZeroShadez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you plug it
Well a long as the tank isnt full to the point where the overflow gets water it doesn't leak so its just stuffed with some clean rags been monitoring it and in 2 days not a drop.. Lol 3 more days then i will have redone all the plumbing and it will be fine. I was only worried about the water quality.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well a long as the tank isnt full to the point where the overflow gets water it doesn't leak so its just stuffed with some clean rags been monitoring it and in 2 days not a drop.. Lol 3 more days then i will have redone all the plumbing and it will be fine. I was only worried about the water quality.
Oh so there is no water really going through the plumbing

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will be fine with just the power head moving the water. If the tank stays above 70F you should be fine without heaters to keep the live rock alive.

OP
OP
ZeroShadez

ZeroShadez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it the overflow, or the return? Bulkheads perhaps?
Thats one of the leaks lol im replacing all of those and i just found out that the hole in the glass where the return bulkhead goes has a chip in the glass it doesn't leak there with the new bulkhead but it still worries me any thoughts?

flsalty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this is why we fill it up with fresh water to test...lol.

As for the chip, as long as there isn't any cracks associated with it that should be fine. Just be careful not to over-tighten the bulk head.

Back