Brand new to this addictive hobby!

The Black One

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, I’m new to this hobby as well. I have a 90g I been cycling for 5 weeks now and I used Bio spira and Dr Tim’s Ammonia and I still don’t have any livestock in the tank yet. I’m not a 100% sure but I think you might be moving a little too fast... sorry

FartyParty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! The only real advice I have to offer is get used to your hobby money frequently depleted! ;) I’ve been building up to my “goal tank” for 3 years now, and still have about 2 years to go just based on budgeting.

I agree with others to keep things slow when new. For example, I cycled the rocks in my current tank for about 3 months in total darkness in the garage before putting them into the display. While the rocks were cycling I had a single 8-year-old clownfish and sand in the display tank, nothing else. Add slow so if it crashes in the first few months you won’t lose your entire investment. :mad:

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's see We pretty much suggest to go slow. Also the budget angle is important . So You must know if your tank is "completely" cycled before any livestock. For that you will need test kits. What do You have on hand?

also,welcome TB ! Sounds like your on the right path .

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back