BREAKING NEWS!!! ALL-NEW HYDRA HD & PRIME HD SERIES lineup: Prime 16HD, Hydra 32HD and Hydra 64HD!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonder if they'll offer some sort of upgrade like the radions from gen 2 to gen 3 by replacing the led pucks and reflectors. That'd be awesome.

I bet no as they are more water resistant. so it would not only be replacing the cluster and lens but the body as well??

bummer as I just got my 1st prime HD about a month ago. thinking about a return and upgrade just for the better waterproofing.

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's funny. Is like cellular phones.There is a new model and everybody runs to get the new model when you just need to light your corals! Is the old model not working for you? My Hydras 26HD are great. Why I have to change? Nonsense....Save your money for water changes!
I wouldn’t have but I got my old ones sold so the cost wasn’t to bad

leevh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These can be run together with the previous generation lights right? I have a 26HD now and wanted to add a second, but if I can add a 32HD with it I'll just do that.

signal_4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's funny. Is like cellular phones.There is a new model and everybody runs to get the new model when you just need to light your corals! Is the old model not working for you? My Hydras 26HD are great. Why I have to change? Nonsense....Save your money for water changes!

But I use free NSW out of the canal off my back deck

Porpoise Hork

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These can be run together with the previous generation lights right? I have a 26HD now and wanted to add a second, but if I can add a 32HD with it I'll just do that.

Due to the different number of LED's and power level capabilities you would likely have to run the 26's as one set of parent/child, and the 32's as a second of parent/child lights. Even if you used the same schedule settings there would be differences in the spectrum and PAR with them. So there may be some issues with color matching multiple lights together.

Justin Aretz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Due to the different number of LED's and power level capabilities you would likely have to run the 26's as one set of parent/child, and the 32's as a second of parent/child lights. Even if you used the same schedule settings there would be differences in the spectrum and PAR with them. So there may be some issues with color matching multiple lights together.

definitely. My original primes really limited the HDs I added. By about 50+ par

ReefGoddesss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After much thought, I decided to go with another Hydra 26HD instead of the new Hydra 32HD. First of all, I was in the market for another Hydra to complete my reef build. Secondly, after speaking with the manufacturer today—they clearly answered my questions. It is true if I add the new Hydra 32HD to my existing system, I will need to program it separately from my programmed Hydra 26HD currently on my system. I was also told the Hydra 32HD will possibly be slightly off in regards to the actual lighting spectrum from my Hydra 26HD lighting. I didn’t want to risk the chance, as I am pretty picky when it comes to my system matching visually and physically. Also, the moonlight‘s led included on the new Hydra 32HD is white in color. I was hoping for a blue-ish tint. So, after much debate, I didn’t think the extra $$$ for the new Hydra 32HD was worth it for my addition in comparison to the Hydra 26HDs reduced price as you can get a sweet deal on a brand new Hydra 26HD while supplies last. They are averaging anywhere from $70-100 off depending upon if taxes will be collected or not.

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might have missed it somewhere, but what is the spread on the hydra 32 and hydra 64?

Last edited:

Hamada

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will there be any kind of upgrade program? I run 3 HD 52’s and would think about the 62’s if there is type of program in place for loyal customers. Even though I’ve had more then one bad experience with your customer service....
Explain please

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got my 32 running next to a 26 and xr30 pro g4 and the 32s look sadly dull even ran over 100%

I also dont like the bluetooth only option. Perhaps I'm missing where you can change to wifi.

Either way the 32 will most likely be sold :(

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well the xr30 probably isn't a good comparison because it's a lot more powerful...but do you have any pics of them all side by side?
Aren't on yet but when the schedule starts I will ;)

And yes sorry wasn't trying to compare the pro to the 32 it's just hard sitting next to them in person lol

PhilT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I contacted BRS yesterday about the improved spread, and the overall difference, and they informed me that they will be putting something out soon. The spread does increase to 30x30, vs 24x24.
Is that for the 32? BRS specs for the 16 says 24” spread but doesn’t say for the 32.

would one 32 be ok for a 36x18 65g tank? Not going to be coral extensive (no sps). The AI rep at reefapalooza suggested 2 16s but I rather use the multilight mount and the 16s won’t work on that. Also I already have a lid on order with no mount cut outs. And the multilight doesn’t need any cut outs since it basically clamps on the outside like a maxspect fixture.

w00dman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Am I the only one complaining about the 32’s????

With the acclimation mode on, today my schedule is at 75% of the total power and the fan is constantly on at full power. I can’t watch TV without that f*** noise.

About WiFi? I think that’s available because you see ipv6 on settings but how could we connect through WiFi?

I’ve already contacted AI support and they didn’t answer. They just said that they were temperature controlled.

Nicko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Am I the only one complaining about the 32’s????

With the acclimation mode on, today my schedule is at 75% of the total power and the fan is constantly on at full power. I can’t watch TV without that f*** noise.

About WiFi? I think that’s available because you see ipv6 on settings but how could we connect through WiFi?

I’ve already contacted AI support and they didn’t answer. They just said that they were temperature controlled.
Not seeing others complaining. Maybe you have a faulty unit or needs a firmware update?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%
Back