BREAKING NEWS!!! ALL-NEW HYDRA HD & PRIME HD SERIES lineup: Prime 16HD, Hydra 32HD and Hydra 64HD!

Devaji

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Wonder if they'll offer some sort of upgrade like the radions from gen 2 to gen 3 by replacing the led pucks and reflectors. That'd be awesome.
I bet no as they are more water resistant. so it would not only be replacing the cluster and lens but the body as well??

bummer as I just got my 1st prime HD about a month ago. thinking about a return and upgrade just for the better waterproofing.

Kfactor

View Badges
Reaction score
It's funny. Is like cellular phones.There is a new model and everybody runs to get the new model when you just need to light your corals! Is the old model not working for you? My Hydras 26HD are great. Why I have to change? Nonsense....Save your money for water changes!
I wouldn’t have but I got my old ones sold so the cost wasn’t to bad

leevh

View Badges
Reaction score
These can be run together with the previous generation lights right? I have a 26HD now and wanted to add a second, but if I can add a 32HD with it I'll just do that.

signal_4

View Badges
Reaction score
It's funny. Is like cellular phones.There is a new model and everybody runs to get the new model when you just need to light your corals! Is the old model not working for you? My Hydras 26HD are great. Why I have to change? Nonsense....Save your money for water changes!
But I use free NSW out of the canal off my back deck

Porpoise Hork

View Badges
Reaction score
These can be run together with the previous generation lights right? I have a 26HD now and wanted to add a second, but if I can add a 32HD with it I'll just do that.

Due to the different number of LED's and power level capabilities you would likely have to run the 26's as one set of parent/child, and the 32's as a second of parent/child lights. Even if you used the same schedule settings there would be differences in the spectrum and PAR with them. So there may be some issues with color matching multiple lights together.

Justin Aretz

View Badges
Reaction score
Due to the different number of LED's and power level capabilities you would likely have to run the 26's as one set of parent/child, and the 32's as a second of parent/child lights. Even if you used the same schedule settings there would be differences in the spectrum and PAR with them. So there may be some issues with color matching multiple lights together.
definitely. My original primes really limited the HDs I added. By about 50+ par

Which tank do you think is more functional for a family? (click to see photos)

• A. Fireplace Tank

Votes: 61 23.6%
  • B. Stair Tank

Votes: 13 5.0%
  • C. Bed Tank

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • D. Table Tank

Votes: 29 11.2%
  • E. Cabinet Tank

Votes: 145 56.2%

Online statistics

Members online