BREAKING NEWS!!! ALL-NEW HYDRA HD & PRIME HD SERIES lineup: Prime 16HD, Hydra 32HD and Hydra 64HD!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef News

Latest Reef News
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey BOYS and GIRLS!!

Just when you thought AI's awesome lighting couldn't get any better!

Check this out!! Brand New From Aqua Illumination!!

Introducing the new members of Aqua Illumination's ALL-NEW HYDRA HD & PRIME HD SERIES lineup: The Prime 16HD, Hydra 32HD and Hydra 64HD!

More LEDs. More Power.
More Color. More Refined.

1.jpg

These lights have all the quality and features you know and love about AI's lighting plus:
  • More LEDs
  • More PAR
  • More Spread
  • Improved Optic Design
  • Improved Water Resistance
  • Thinner Form Factor
  • Dedicated Moonlight Channel
  • Wider Spectrum (more channels)
Features Explained

Design:
Redesigning the plastics in the Prime and Hydra lineup has resulted in two major benefits: better efficiency and better aesthetics. Efficiency improvements reduce the demands on active cooling for longer component life. Improvements to design thin the fixtures and reduce their profile and presence over your aquarium.

2.JPG

The All-New Hydra® 32HD in White.​

Resilient: Water resistance is a major benefit in aquarium lighting - and while the new Prime and Hydras are not waterproof, design improvements make them more capable of facing the moisture rich adventures of reef keeping.

Moonlight: A dedicated moonlight LED and channel has been added in the new Prime HD, Prime FW , Hydra 32HD and Hydra 64HD modules. This allows for independent moonlighting designed to simulate the natural lunar color and intensity.

Control: Control on the lights will use the existing myAI® app which is free, simple and very quick to program offering onsite direct BLE connection through your smart device. Additional control options may become available for the new generation Prime and Hydras over time.

Optics and Output: Output in terms of PAR, color mixing and spread are all improved with the new fixtures. The incorporation of more LEDs results in a more targeted full spectrum, TIR lenses shape the light’s output and improve its efficiency. The result is more color POP as well as a slightly wider output area and higher average PAR. A combination LED placement and lens geometry blend the light from the clusters so that color separation is further reduced.
2.png

The Hydra® 64HD delivers more output with higher average PAR than any other AI Module.​

HD: AI’s popular HD functionality, through which a user can route power not in use by one color channel into another color channel is a much loved feature on the previous generation HD fixtures. As the new product names imply (Prime 16HD, Hydra 32HD and 64HD) all the new HD lights retain this exciting feature.
3.png

Mounting: Mounting hardware as previously available for Hydra and Prime fixtures will work with the new version lights. The exception is the Hydra Flex arm which will require a different light bracket due to the size difference in the new fixtures. The Flex arm bracket will change with he new fixtures. Older flex arms being used to mount the new lights will need a new light bracket.

Mounting Options: The Prime 16HD, Fuge, FW, Hydra 32HD and 64HD can be mounted using the existing Prime and HMS Mounting accessories. Flex Arm Mounts will also be available with adjusted clips to accommodate the smaller footprint of the 32 and 64

What's new with Prime?

The New AI Prime 16HD shares the same cluster as the Hydra 32HD and Hydra 64HD. The new Prime will be called Prime 16HD incorporating 16 LEDs (+1 Moonlight) and an all new TIR optic. The Prime Fuge and Freshwater will also get the new optic and new clusters. Existing spectrums will be achievable with all new versions of existing lights.

In addition to the Prime 16HD, Prime Fuge and Prime Freshwater there will also be a new Prime member – the Prime Sol. The Prime Sol is both a nod to the heritage of the AquaIllumination brand’s first LED fixture and also an answer for those looking for a no frills coral growing solution.

4 Models that deliver to specific user needs:
  • Prime 16HD Reef – Small Reef tanks – or multiples for Medium sized tanks.
  • Prime Freshwater – LED selection to optimize aquatic plant growth while delivering beautiful color rendition to your aquascape.
  • Prime Fuge – All the power you could want to grow macro algae in your refugium.
  • Prime Sol – Sacrifice full spectrum and spend the savings on more coral. Put that wattage into growth. Go Blue!
4 prime.png

These new Prime models offer:
  • More Versatility (model options)
  • More channels and output on each model (existing models)
  • Improved Ergonomics.
  • TIR lenses for maximum output efficiency
  • All Features and Control Options incorporate in previous versions
  • All previously available mounting hardware compatible
5.png

With more of everything that makes Aqua Illumination lights amazing - It's time to Reef Bold!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
All Look very promising. I am reluctant from past experience with their customer service but trust that the new innovation will repel need to contact customer service.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very exciting news. I might have to retire my 26hds

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to reefbuilders it will be cheaper per light

$20..

the idea seems good, but why not replace all of those violet/red/green etc with more blues/whites? just seems weird to me. i'm sure it'll still grow corals, but i'm hoping someone can enlighten me. maybe it's better spread or something?

Reefermadness89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So should I not buy the ai prime just yet?
The prime16HD seems cool, but it says smaller reefs, hopefully the spread isn’t less.
Just want leds on this 20L and thought I had it figured out lol

averagejoereefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So should I not buy the ai prime just yet?
The prime16HD seems cool, but it says smaller reefs, hopefully the spread isn’t less.
Just want leds on this 20L and thought I had it figured out lol

If it shares the same lenses as the 32 and 64 itll have 6" wider spread

Nicko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These look Awesome. Was holding off for new radions, but might just pull the trigger on these for supplemental coverage. Currently running Atlantik V4

lefkonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I upgraded my Sol Blues to the Hydra52 a while ago. The visual look of my tank is so much better with the variety of colors they added to those lights. I am sure the 64 will be the an improved product. Will I replace my 52 with a 64, not unless my 52 dies on me or stops working properly.

Phyber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if the current models will get a sale?

And what about the par output increase? Any numbers with that?

kirinreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought 3 hydra 26hd's few weeks ago. Will the hydra 32 a lot more expensive than 26? Thinking about exchange.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Currently have an xr15 pro gen 4 over my 18 inch cube. Wonder if i would have better coverage with the new 32... hmmm

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back