BREAKING NEWS!!! ALL-NEW HYDRA HD & PRIME HD SERIES lineup: Prime 16HD, Hydra 32HD and Hydra 64HD!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks like some will be upgrading lol

I'm in the same boat...just bought 3 26's 2 weeks ago and now they will go up for sale to fund the 32's. I bought them from a small shop and they dont have the return power that larger dealers do....so someone will get a great deal HAHAH

I am excited to see all of the improvements. :)

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will there be any kind of upgrade program? I run 3 HD 52’s and would think about the 62’s if there is type of program in place for loyal customers. Even though I’ve had more then one bad experience with your customer service....

You shouldn’t expect some sort of trade-in program from a manufacturer like this, simply sell your old lights on R2R.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
+1 This is a wonderful way!

I will be doing the same once my 30 day wait period is over. I'd much rather give these forum members the great deal than Ebay.

Maybe the mods could make an exception and start a thread specifically for this one time and people offering their hydras for this.....I mean no harm in asking hahahah

Last edited:

Chaz D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And still the crummy cool whites. It's like these companies don't listen. How about replace the color with some neutrals or warm whites in the sols...now that would be game changer.

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 original AI Hydra units over my current tank, 2 52s and 2 26s. I really like them and was planning upgrading to the HDs when I got my new tank ... hopefully these lights will be out for a bit so see how they look and work and they may just wind up on the new system.

Any idea on price point?

PlasmaBoy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rubs hands together for the tech rush, I'll be on eBay and crimetree ready to scoop up all these near new hydras for sale :) seriously though a current owner wouldn't turf their existing stuff for these. New customers or those with real old lights might jump at it.

Kvinal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rubs hands together for the tech rush, I'll be on eBay and crimetree ready to scoop up all these near new hydras for sale :) seriously though a current owner wouldn't turf their existing stuff for these. New customers or those with real old lights might jump at it.
What is crimetree?

Ldc3000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might have to change my original position on the Sol. They are too expensive for what they are. I can’t imagine a scenario where I wouldn’t just pay the extra $20 for the Prime Hd.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonder if they'll offer some sort of upgrade like the radions from gen 2 to gen 3 by replacing the led pucks and reflectors. That'd be awesome.

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody think it’s a worthy upgrade going from 3 prime HD’s to 3 of the prime 16? I have 3 primes over my reefer 250 and like the spread of the 3 so I would not want to get 2 32’s. Especially since the mounts are backwards compatible. Reading about them I can’t tell if it will be worth the money for a little more power, better lens and more led’s but I kind of really want to cause I have a problem with new tech (I always want it). Right now growing LPS and SPS like crazy so on one hand if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. But more power/color would grow better right?

NYG140

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, I was just about to sell my Hyrda 26 HDs, looks like I'll be getting a few bucks less....

luisgo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's funny. Is like cellular phones.There is a new model and everybody runs to get the new model when you just need to light your corals! Is the old model not working for you? My Hydras 26HD are great. Why I have to change? Nonsense....Save your money for water changes!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Definitely some nice upgrades

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back