BREAKING NEWS!!! ALL-NEW HYDRA HD & PRIME HD SERIES lineup: Prime 16HD, Hydra 32HD and Hydra 64HD!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would very much like to see summer real PAR measurements

Bramzor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my 32 running next to a 26 and xr30 pro g4 and the 32s look sadly dull even ran over 100%

I also dont like the bluetooth only option. Perhaps I'm missing where you can change to wifi.

Either way the 32 will most likely be sold :(
According to a webshop it should have bluetooth and wifi: "lamp is accessible via WiFi and Bluetooth"
Can you check for me? Because that's a dealbreaker for me if it does not allow WiFi.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have tried to switch it in settings but there is no option. It just says bluetooth no wifi on the info page where you pick the tank you want to use. When I set it up there was no WIFI option. Even on the instructions it says in the beginning of the start guide, AI LED using bluetooth.

Screenshot_20191102-134227_myAI.jpg

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What's the coverage of the 64'S?
I cant find it anywhere. I'm looking to light a Reefer 525xl with a maximum of 2 lights.
ATI 36" is my top but I'm considering a pair of 64's if I can get more specs.

Nicko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These lights are amazing. Been running them for a few days and can’t believe the extra details/colours in my corals. Very happy

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They need to bring wifi back so I can use my computer to adjust these. It is way to difficult to set up any schedule besides basic with a phone screen. I will purchase another product. And why they added more whites but kept the single UV, makes no sense as most people don't run high whites anyway.

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting the new AI 16hd by default. My new system came with the AI Prime HD, but due to a faulty power cord AI customer service said they would send me out the new AI 16HD for replacement and they would include a box to return Prime HD.

I don't like the idea of not having the wifi option, but probably won't make much of a difference for me. My desktop computer is Bluetooth enabled, so I can configured my settings from there if I wish. I only had a little bit of time with the Prime HD, so not sure if the new light will make that much difference. I guess time will tell with further info and reviews on the new light.

tonydig11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting the new AI 16hd by default. My new system came with the AI Prime HD, but due to a faulty power cord AI customer service said they would send me out the new AI 16HD for replacement and they would include a box to return Prime HD.

I don't like the idea of not having the wifi option, but probably won't make much of a difference for me. My desktop computer is Bluetooth enabled, so I can configured my settings from there if I wish. I only had a little bit of time with the Prime HD, so not sure if the new light will make that much difference. I guess time will tell with further info and reviews on the new light.

You have to use iOS or Andriod. there is no PC/Mac app that will connect it to Bluetooth.

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that's true, how do they expect people to do involved schedules on a 4" screen?

I'll post after I get mine, which should be in a few days. I'm only going by what others are saying. But i agree, it makes no sense. I guess you could do it on a I-pad. GL

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like ai didn't do any market research before improving their product. Guess everyone owns an iPad in their mind. That or they are pushing people to their other brand lights, which are way over priced.

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my first reef tank today! AI 16hd included. The very basic schedule I have as the ab+ (I heard doesn’t transition well) and it was fairly simple to decrease intensity to lower levels nothing fancy but I’m pleased.
I received my 16hd today, replacing the ai prime hd I had that went bad. Only had time to pair it up with my phone and play around with it for a few minutes. I do like the separate lunar phase. You have to be fairly close to the light to operate it. I tried configuring it in another room about 30 feet away and no go.

Back