BREAKING NEWS! We Have Officially Eradicated AEFW's With A 100% Reef Safe IN TANK Treatment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Cant wait to see the product launch!

I'm just going to leave this here...

f21b2b5c90c2e199a6f03d986e089714.jpg

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Now please explain to me how a small single man operation has a team of scientists as UWC claims and how they have come up with breakthroughs products with a R&D that is out spent by Red Sea and other big players by millions?

If you understand business you understand that what they do is not possible in the current environment.

Please explain how they do it?

They could pay consultants from other companies or even just ask respected scientists for their thoughts. I have consulted before both for scientific and data application support for small home companies. It's not that rare or hard nor needed to disclose.

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Boy the patience level in here is extremely low. You would think being in this hobby and knowing nothing happens over night there would be some more patience. UWC would not post this if it wasn't true, think about how much credit they would lose.

@UWC awesome job! However now we expect some cure for other issues in this hobby! :)
You would think that right? But anxious customers willing to spend sometimes more than they can afford is a staple in the hobby.

Now if I just focus on a high demand widget for reefers I'd be set. Too bad the market as a whole is too niche.

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
I'd just like to say I am nothing to do with the guy who has a similar user name. I am excited about this new product and I think it has worked well so far in the beta-testing, hopefully a few tweaks and we get a really good product.
Haha. I thought he changed his username and put his face in the profile pic. Woulda given props for it but alas

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have one huge complaint about all of this:
How long do I have to wait to get this “snake oil” at my LFS?

I want to oil my AEFW snakes asap.
I’m too lazy to open a new profile, so just call me
“1Tired of dipping.”

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Alright folks, Update Time!

I want to start by thanking everyone for their patience. We have cracked the code and conquered nuking both types of AEFW's. The upped dosage we have been testing outside and inside of the tank does indeed kill all flatworms, including the "other species" within a 24hrish period. Good news, it nukes them, bad news, its not a instant kill, but 24 hours is ok with us, as it is still a safe dosage for everything else within your tank. So basically, we will be extending the treatment to four weekly single treatments, one dose per week, instead of four treatments in a three week span.

I will say, that our original variety of flatworms that we have in our possession are much more common. 80% of the 40 trials we sent out are reporting zero signs of AEFW's and corals in full recovery mode, meaning colors coming back and polyp extension back in full force. The other 20% that reported the initial dose did not kill the "other species" of flatworm adults, are now basically starting their second week of dosing with the higher dosage and reporting that they are finding zero flatworms after the initial dose, 24-48 hours after. So they will continue a single dose for the next 3 weeks as their eggs hatch.

With all of this said, one of the biggest issues we are having is it seems as if people online do not want to talk about having flatworms, which we understand. We have no problem explaining what is going on behind the scenes, but it is so much better for the public if they hear it straight from users instead of it coming from us. So, we are going to open up another round of pre shipments next week for 5-10 people who are willing to document their experience for us. As you can imagine, we have received thousands of emails and messages since this thread has started. Some people who are absolutely begging to get their hands on this product. If you would like to be one of the receivers, please message us here. We will pick the first 5-10 people that message us. If you do not hear back from me, be assured this product will be available in the next month for purchase as we finalize everything.

There has been one user, who I cannot thank enough, who has been so open with his experience. That is @Highgrade His first dose did not kill his adults, which ends up he does have the "other species" and has been testing the higher dose within his tank and reporting almost daily on his findings. Everybody should give him a virtual high five for letting me share his experience with you all. Below are his quoted messages.

He did a 1st dose of the stronger dose and left town for the weekend. When he came back...

Tuesday after returning back -

" Everything is looking good from the previous dose. No issues and plenty of PE. Also no adults that I could find. I'll perform another water change and start another dose tomorrow. After lights out I'll inspect further for the AEFW.

On another note I continued the regular dose on a different tank that had the Polyclad flatworms and Monti eating nudis. So far after the 3rd dose I have yet to see any. Hopefully this is a good sign. There are Acros in this tank as well but not too sure about any AEFW. I've used a baster to blow off the acros and never seem to find any AEFW's coming loose. Also no AEFW bite marks present."

Yesterday morning -

"So far so good after another dose. No adults that I could find present the past couple days. All of the corals, inverts and fish look good. I will continue to keep an eye out for the AEFW."

Last evening -

"No signs of eggs or younger AEFW. I've been scouring every Acro day/night and nothing that I can find. The colors and PE is doing great on 98% of the acros. I have a couple that may be a bit irritated. Two had the larger infestations of AEFW- Red Planet and Garf Bonsai. They're hanging in there. Other than those two there are a couple that have lost some color but should bounce back. I have a few milli's and other random acros as well that had AEFW with some damage from them. They seemed to have completely recovered and have great PE and no apparent bite marks present. Overall the acros have continued to grow since the original and increased dosages.

All other SPS- monti's, porites, styloconellia,cyphastrea,pavona are doing great.
The LPS- chalices,Lythos,blastos,acans,euyphilla,goniopora,trachys,scoly's,zoas,etc... are all doing fine. All the inverts- BTA,rock flower nems, urchins, feather dusters, barnacles, shrimp, crabs, pods, sponges, tunicates,starfish,etc… are doing just fine. Along with the fish are doing just fine."

So that's where we are as of today, thanks again everyone :)

Last edited:

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Alright folks, Update Time!

I want to start by thanking everyone for their patience. We have cracked the code and conquered nuking both types of AEFW's. The upped dosage we have been testing outside and inside of the tank does indeed kill all flatworms, including the "other species" within a 24hrish period. Good news, it nukes them, bad news, its not a instant kill, but 24 hours is ok with us, as it is still a safe dosage for everything else within your tank. So basically, we will be extending the treatment to four weekly single treatments, one dose per week, instead of four treatments in a three week span.

I will say, that our original variety of flatworms that we have in our possession are much more common. 80% of the 40 trials we sent out are reporting zero signs of AEFW's and corals in full recovery mode, meaning colors coming back and polyp extension back in full force. The other 20% that reported the initial dose did not kill the "other species" of flatworm adults, are now basically starting their second week of dosing with the higher dosage and reporting that they are finding zero flatworms after the initial dose, 24-48 hours after. So they will continue a single dose for the next 3 weeks as their eggs hatch.

With all of this said, one of the biggest issues we are having is it seems as if people online do not want to talk about having flatworms, which we understand. We have no problem explaining what is going on behind the scenes, but it is so much better for the public if they hear it straight from users instead of it coming from us. So, we are going to open up another round of pre shipments next week for 5-10 people who are willing to document their experience for us. As you can imagine, we have received thousands of emails and messages since this thread has started. Some people who are absolutely begging to get their hands on this product. If you would like to be one of the receivers, please message us here. We will pick the first 5-10 people that message us. If you do not hear back from me, be assured this product will be available in the next month for purchase as we finalize everything.

There has been one user, who I cannot thank enough, who has been so open with his experience. That is @Highgrade His first dose did not kill his adults, which ends up he does have the "other species" and has been testing the higher dose within his tank and reporting almost daily on his findings. Everybody should give him a virtual high five for letting me share his experience with you all. Below are his quoted messages.

Tuesday - He did a 1st dose of the stronger dose and left town for the weekend. When he came back...

" Everything is looking good from the previous dose. No issues and plenty of PE. Also no adults that I could find. I'll perform another water change and start another dose tomorrow. After lights out I'll inspect further for the AEFW.

On another note I continued the regular dose on a different tank that had the Polyclad flatworms and Monti eating nudis. So far after the 3rd dose I have yet to see any. Hopefully this is a good sign. There are Acros in this tank as well but not too sure about any AEFW. I've used a baster to blow off the acros and never seem to find any AEFW's coming loose. Also no AEFW bite marks present."

Yesterday morning -

"So far so good after another dose. No adults that I could find present the past couple days. All of the corals, inverts and fish look good. I will continue to keep an eye out for the AEFW."

Last evening -

"No signs of eggs or younger AEFW. I've been scouring every Acro day/night and nothing that I can find. The colors and PE is doing great on 98% of the acros. I have a couple that may be a bit irritated. Two had the larger infestations of AEFW- Red Planet and Garf Bonsai. They're hanging in there. Other than those two there are a couple that have lost some color but should bounce back. I have a few milli's and other random acros as well that had AEFW with some damage from them. They seemed to have completely recovered and have great PE and no apparent bite marks present. Overall the acros have continued to grow since the original and increased dosages.

All other SPS- monti's, porites, styloconellia,cyphastrea,pavona are doing great.
The LPS- chalices,Lythos,blastos,acans,euyphilla,goniopora,trachys,scoly's,zoas,etc... are all doing fine. All the inverts- BTA,rock flower nems, urchins, feather dusters, barnacles, shrimp, crabs, pods, sponges, tunicates,starfish,etc… are doing just fine. Along with the fish are doing just fine."

So that's where we are as of today, thanks again everyone :)
Woot woot! Never lost faith and glad to see the breakthrough come to fruition. Looking forward to seeing user testimonies over the next few weeks!

Kinda wish I had some aefw now so I could be a tester [emoji23]

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Woot woot! Never lost faith and glad to see the breakthrough come to fruition. Looking forward to seeing user testimonies over the next few weeks!

Kinda wish I had some aefw now so I could be a tester [emoji23]

Ha! Well the AEFW problem just got a lot less serious if you did. You can kiss those bad boys out of our hobby for good now :)

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
@UWC have are there plans for shelf stability tests? To put more to the point. Would this be a product to purchase and save for a rainy day? Or to quote Richard Gere purchase when “Its raining”.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back