BREAKING NEWS! We Have Officially Eradicated AEFW's With A 100% Reef Safe IN TANK Treatment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Update from @Highgrade as of the morning :)

“Good morning. So far no sign of AEFW. I continue to scour the tanks day and night to look for eggs, juveniles and adults. None present since the increased dosage. Everything looks great with no impact from the treatment.”

takayan

View Badges
Reaction score
@UWC
When AEFW die with the treatment, will aefw release poison in the water?
Like Flatworm Exit, it recommends to change large water.

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I did not, but we have been absolutely bombarded with messages :)

Luc Vogels

View Badges
Reaction score
With much enthusiasm I am following this thread!
Last year I battled AEFW and lost many corals.

This was my main display tank:
2.jpg

I had to empty the tank because we renovated the living room, and placed all corals in temporary tanks.
At that moment the AEFW took their chance and increased its population dramatically (due to the somewhat weakened corals).
Here an example of a once beautiful coral.
1.jpg

I tried to dip the corals which helped them to regain strength.
But after a few days I started to see new flat worms and eggs.
Therefore I dipped the corals for over two months!

After two months I gave up the dipping method and tried to find alternative solutions (because the dipping also weakens the coral)
I increased the amount of wrasses in all tanks which resulted in a reduction of the amount of adult worms.
Eventually I was able to reduce the population further by using different methods to suspend the corals.
Originally I used plastic PVC rings but found out these blocked the fish from eating flat worm leggs (which they lay on the bottom side of the coral).
By using "aqua medic Coral holders" the fish were able to swim around the coral eating most of the worms.

About half a year later the AEFW decreased drastically (thought I won) but lost many beautiful corals.
4 months ago I started to rebuild the main display tank and initially everything was going very well.

3.jpg

But this week I again found some bite marks on the corals.
Due to the amount of fish I am not worried it will spread in a simular way as before.
But still I see that some corals are not as happy as I am used to (retracted polyps etc etc).
So I have the impression the AEFW is not eradicated yet.
It requires a last push to get rid of them forever!

I hope this threathment becomes available in Europe soon so I can give them one last push and my corals can thrive again!

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
As soon as we release, AquariumConnectionsUK will be getting a shipment :)

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Not yet, but J&L Aquatics is our distributor in Canada and they have already reached out in anticipation of the release. Once released, they will receive a shipment :)

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Working on it. There is no official date set yet :)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Well guys I tried. I swear. Got an order in today, and i must have blasted every nook and cranny of all 10 colonies harder than i ever do (flashlight in mouth) in an effort to find one, but alas not single worm to be found in this batch. Believe me, I'd have found them no matter what size. So, ultimately kind of a good thing, but I was really looking forward to experimenting a little with the dip on some live flatworms. I guess ill have to wait for next time. lol. will be back for sure

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Well guys I tried. I swear. Got an order in today, and i must have blasted every nook and cranny of all 10 colonies harder than i ever do (flashlight in mouth) in an effort to find one, but alas not single worm to be found in this batch. Believe me, I'd have found them no matter what size. So, ultimately kind of a good thing, but I was really looking forward to experimenting a little with the dip on some live flatworms. I guess ill have to wait for next time. lol. will be back for sure
I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the fact people have expressed frustration with not finding AEFW in this thread. Never thought I'd see it... :rolleyes:

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the fact people have expressed frustration with not finding AEFW in this thread. Never thought I'd see it... :rolleyes:

Ha! I hear you. Its a mixed up line of thinking for sure. Truth is, I always like to find at least one or two every order. That way I can gauge my dip strength and be 100% sure i am killing them. I've come uncross some pretty resilient worms that took and extra dose to put them down for the count. It's those guys i worry about. sorry for the hijack.

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Ha! I hear you. Its a mixed up line of thinking for sure. Truth is, I always like to find at least one or two every order. That way I can gauge my dip strength and be 100% sure i am killing them. I've come uncross some pretty resilient worms that took and extra dose to put them down for the count. It's those guys i worry about. sorry for the hijack.

Orders from wholesalers? Would you say the numbers of orders with AEFW have increased? I've been hearing a lot lately that many pests in both fish and coral has become a larger issue for US wholesalers, but not sure how much validity there is to that.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back