BREAKING NEWS! We Have Officially Eradicated AEFW's With A 100% Reef Safe IN TANK Treatment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

marinelife

SaltGeek
View Badges
Reaction score
What is UWC? A company? A hobbyist that is looking for a cure due to their passion for the hobby? A legit research institute?

Like others said, this seems like a snake oil pitch. If we knew more about the person/entity posting, it wouldn’t seem this way.

So, who/what are you @UWC?

I’ll be staying tuned and hopeful , but your pitch seems cheap so far.

They make Vibrant Aquarium Cleaner. https://www.uwcmn.com/

I just hope they do not overprice whatever they have to kill AEFWs.

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I didn’t realize these were the same people that did Vibrant, I would certainly hope this is legit in that case

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
I don't need to know the chemical formula and I'm not a chemist, but I would need to know how this works before putting it in my tank.

Most medicines in reefing work because they're dangerous to living things in general or because they attack a broad range of creatures sharing similar characteristics. Copper kills ich because copper is deadly to most marine inverts. Bayer kills pests on corals because Bayer is a neurotoxin and kills (or severely damages) anything with a central nervous system, including humans.

Claiming to have a compound that affects Amakusaplana acroporae and nothing else is a bold enough claim given how similar most marine invertebrates are. Claiming the compound is also safe for humans and animals is exceptionally bold. I'm looking forward to having my skepticism proven wrong.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Intrigued, following along as well!

HmoneyReefOkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Yay, can’t wait!! I’d certainly sleep better at night and purchase more corals if I wasn’t as worried about getting AEFW.

Curious reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
That's right ladies and gentlemen, Its a HUGE day in the reefing world and I feel as if I cannot contain this info any longer. The pest that has riddled our beloved acropora for years, will soon be a thing of the past. I am happy to announce that we have officially eradicated AEFW's with a in tank treatment that is 100% safe for all of our marine friends. This has been a ongoing project with our science group for the last eleven months and I can happily say that we have eradicated these terrors now numerous times with zero losses to any livestock including the most sensitive corals, inverts, stars, clams, fish, pods, macros, etc.

Treatment is very easy. Dosing one or two times per week ( depending on severity ) for 3 weeks.

On a side note, through the trials and errors of a project like this, we have also come up with the most gentle coral dip ( which is not SPS specific, but knocks every SPS pest off in seconds ). The best part, it is clear and pests instantly fall of the corals so you can see exactly what has come in on your corals. It is 100% human and animal safe, so you do not have to worry about using pesticides anymore in your dips.

Stay tuned folks :)

uw4768 logod w.jpg
That's great!!!

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm simultaneously deeply skeptical, cautiously open minded, and dancing a wildly happy dance.

I'm 100% with you! I lost all my branching and plating sps and lps corals to a defective chiller thermostat about 7 months ago. I almost quit the hobby completely. I have friends who had to battle AEFW's and it's no fun.

Fingers crossed and hoping it's true. o_O;Wideyed;Jawdrop;Meh;Nailbiting:rolleyes:

Robert_ellis

View Badges
Reaction score
I've used vibrant and continue to use vibrant. When I originally read their description I was skeptical but over time, have become a huge fan and swear by it. If this new product works as good as vibrant, it definately would be the greatest break through in aquarium keeping in my mind outside if vibrant imo.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back