BREAKING NEWS! We Have Officially Eradicated AEFW's With A 100% Reef Safe IN TANK Treatment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Robert_ellis

View Badges
Reaction score
The help they provide is to only promote their product which is ok. Problem is you ask questions about the company you comment gets deleted.

I asked about the research team or institute and the name of the lead science/researcher was?

Asked why there address given on their website gives you a random street in suburbia.

What was there Tax/corporate registration number?

This company is impossible to find info on and everyone just responds with heres a link to their website or email them here.

I like to know a little about the company I become a customer of but this company is not transparent.
So when you buy your toilet paper, you ask for target/ Walmart tax I'd number? When you purchase or lease a vehicle, do you ask for their tax I'd number? Come on man. You sound ignorant. Maybe trying to cause issues for them? Cause that's what it sounds like. Why do you care who their head researcher is? Trying to steal him? That's what it sounds like to me.

littleruttiger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
From what I understand they are originally an aquarium maintenance company, and developed Vibrant and used it in the tanks they maintained. Asking for a lead researcher, or a research team, is irrelevant. Maybe they did work with a team, but I'd imagine they developed this in a similar manner as Vibrant, ie in house, maybe with a consultant. People asking if it's peer reviewed is also irrelevant - there are peer reviewed studies that have valid results, and peer reviewed studies that have invalid results. Peer review doesn't automatically mean correct, and in fact, it's a statistical certainty that many, many, many peer reviewed published findings are completely false. Peer reviewed is not synonymous with true.
Furthermore, why would they? Again, maybe they did, who knows, but I would imagine they were testing things out, came across something that seemed to work, and then tested it over and over. Once they were convinced it worked, they were ready to start selling it. At that point, why would a company say, stop everything, we need to write this up and submit it to a journal. Why would they care?
In other words, if it works, no one will care if it was peer reviewed or not, or who the lead researcher was, or if there was a lead researcher. If it doesn't work, no one will care if it was peer reviewed, or whether a crack team of researchers worked on it. People will initially try this, because they have a good reputation with Vibrant, and aefw are so destructive. UWC knows this.
And of course they're going to be vague on details, assuming it works, the only way they can make money is if the formulation is kept secret. Once it's out of the bag, that's it.
They know what they were doing with this post - drum up a conversation and hype before the reveal, it's marketing. Should you buy into the hype? I don't know. It is kind of annoying that they've gone silent. A ton of people use Vibrant, so they have a good reputation. People will try this, and report their results here, and as time passes we'll know more and more. In a sense, all the people who end up using it are the ultimate peer review. If you are skeptical, and want to wait, cool. If I had aefw, would I try it? Most certainly, aefw are a pain.

As an aside, JDA claimed in a thread here that Zeovit Flatworm Stop, at a double dose over the course of a few months, disrupted the life cycle of AEFW and eventually eradicated them. He conjectured that the Flatworm Stop might contain wormwood, I think based on smell. It will be interesting to see if this new product smells similar.

Coral Passion

View Badges
Reaction score
So when you buy your toilet paper, you ask for target/ Walmart tax I'd number? When you purchase or lease a vehicle, do you ask for their tax I'd number? Come on man. You sound ignorant. Maybe trying to cause issues for them? Cause that's what it sounds like. Why do you care who their head researcher is? Trying to steal him? That's what it sounds like to me.
Its on the receipt, no need to ask. lol. I would never trust anyone or any company that hides or refuses to let people know anything about them. Im not sure why you are calling me ignorant for wanting to know more about something or someone? Its literally the definition of not being ignorant.

Coral Passion

View Badges
Reaction score
Littleruttiger I agree with everything you are saying and the problem I have is that this individual/company specifically says that they have been working with scientists to come up with Vibrant and now this new product.

The reality is large companies like Red Sea have probably spent billions in research and development and they could if they want take any product analyse and reproduce it. There is no patent on Vibrant so why haven't they done this?

Its just frustrating that individuals dont care what they put in their reef tanks.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
popcorn.gif

Livinlocal

View Badges
Reaction score
Littleruttiger I agree with everything you are saying and the problem I have is that this individual/company specifically says that they have been working with scientists to come up with Vibrant and now this new product.

The reality is large companies like Red Sea have probably spent billions in research and development and they could if they want take any product analyse and reproduce it. There is no patent on Vibrant so why haven't they done this?

Its just frustrating that individuals dont care what they put in their reef tanks.

I don’t want to get into the middle of the argument, but I would like to point out they said “science team” not “scientist”.

Coral Passion

View Badges
Reaction score
I don’t want to get into the middle of the argument, but I would like to point out they said “science team” not “scientist”.
You need scientists in a science team as its just a team without them. [emoji23]

Livinlocal

View Badges
Reaction score
I was on a science team in six grade, but none of us were scientists.

A Science team could be something as simple as people studying science, and applying it. Doesn’t mean they necessarily have to be scientists.

Have a great day, And if you start worrying more about yourself and less about other people’s decisions, you’ll probably be much happier in life, instead of posting about how you’re frustrated for other people’s decisions on what they put into their reef tank.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
You need scientists in a science team as its just a team without them. [emoji23]
I'm curious to know what questions @UWC hasnt answered? I don't remember seeing you on there vibrant thread? It appears to me that they have been more than transparent. Like I said, you just joined so it seems like you have a bone to pick with this company for some reason.

Livinlocal

View Badges
Reaction score
And by no means am I discrediting UWC if they do have true scientists on a team.

I am just pointing out the verbiage, and how it can mean more than one thing.

People just assume these days

Coral Passion

View Badges
Reaction score
What is UWC? A company? A hobbyist that is looking for a cure due to their passion for the hobby? A legit research institute?

Like others said, this seems like a snake oil pitch. If we knew more about the person/entity posting, it wouldn’t seem this way.

So, who/what are you @UWC?

I’ll be staying tuned and hopeful , but your pitch seems cheap so far.
You clearly have not read through this thread? This individual asked and got no response. On the Vibrant tread dozens asked and got no response.

I have asked legitimate questions that I know I will never get a response and many people have tried to do the same.

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
My only beef with this thread is that they probably shouldn't have posted about it until they were ready to show some evidence that it works and announce when the product will be available. It's just too frustrating for us all to sit and wait for something this big (assuming it actually works as they say). I think it's a mistake from a business perspective to do it this way as well. It's okay to build some hype around a new product, but you need to show at least some evidence that it works when you first announce it so that people aren't starting to hate on it before even knowing what it is.
With that being said, I'm cautiously optimistic about it and hope we hear something soon.

dz6t

View Badges
Reaction score
My only beef with this thread is that they probably shouldn't have posted about it until they were ready to show some evidence that it works and announce when the product will be available. It's just too frustrating for us all to sit and wait for something this big (assuming it actually works as they say). I think it's a mistake from a business perspective to do it this way as well. It's okay to build some hype around a new product, but you need to show at least some evidence that it works when you first announce it so that people aren't starting to hate on it before even knowing what it is.
With that being said, I'm cautiously optimistic about it and hope we hear something soon.

Very well said.
Feel the same here.

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Sorry guys, This wasn’t meant to be a informative post. More of a excitement post for what’s to come. For anyone who has ever dealt with AEFW’s in a system, you know how incredible it will be to nuke these things safely in your tank :)

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Sorry guys, This wasn’t meant to be a informative post. More of a excitement post for what’s to come. For anyone who has ever dealt with AEFW’s in a system, you know how incredible it will be to nuke these things safely in your tank :)

Certain things don’t require a hype up, like cure for cancer for example. What would really excite everyone is a tiny bit of useful info, such as a possible release date. :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 42.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back