BREAKING NEWS! We Have Officially Eradicated AEFW's With A 100% Reef Safe IN TANK Treatment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

authentic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
New growth on my monti,,,,since I dosed.
dea48108e74a8b692ae75fdbbb5f3190.jpg

Oshengems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
When will they restock this item? I see it’s out of stock or is there another vendor online that has it ? I could surely use this right now

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Day 5 is too soon to say. If you don’t continue to dip, I would recommend basting daily so you can mentally note numbers of adults and as eggs hatch throughout the treatment :)

Jason1971

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Day 5 is too soon to say. If you don’t continue to dip, I would recommend basting daily so you can mentally note numbers of adults and as eggs hatch throughout the treatment :)

Will continue to dipping and hopefully that will help reduce the numbers faster with the treatment.

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
@ UWC

A friend got his bottles last week and really wasnt clear on the dosage. Ive been following this thread for about a month or more and understand the intial dosage instructions were not adequate for a strain that seemed stronger so the intial dose was doubled (please correct me anywhere Im incorrect)

According to the label he was to dose 2oz per 20 gallons for the inital dose and then a 10% water change 6 days later- (if my memory serves me correctly, I dont have the bottles to reference and he's not a member so I offered up asking)

His tank is 180 gallons so the initial dose should have been 18 ounces, is that correct???

As helpful if not more helpful can you please post the directions or picture of a label that reflects the current regimen.

Im afraid he under dosed, in doing his calculations I remember him saying " about half a bottle" which is roughly 250 mls. This makes sense becuase we didnt really see any AEFW "floating or releasing" from the acros but the next day he took a baster to the acros and said he had quite a few that blew off while basting

Hence the need for clarification on the proper/current recommended dosing/treatment schedule

TIA

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
So the bottles are double strength. The instructions say

Day 1 - Dose 1 oz per 20 gallons

Day 3 - Dose 1 oz per 20 gallons

Day 6 - Small water change

These first two doses can also be combined and dosed simultaneously. Either way you end up with the same amount within the tank.

I would recommend that he baste daily or every few days and track what he is seeing for adults and new hatching during the process :)

Ricardo Pinto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm from Portugal (EU) and my batch came through UK, in the first order you've sent to Europe. Don't know if this is relevant for you answering my questions.
Before I've made the 3rd dose on Saturday, I still found a considerable number of aefw when basting 3 corals which I know are infected. Is it normal?
Maybe it's my impression but they seem smaller than previous ones.
So you are telling me that these are the ones who have hatched after the first dose because the eggs have already been placed before I've started the treatment?
If so, what is the normal cycle life of aefw and what is the maximum life for the eggs before hatching?
It's not supposed that purge kill the aefw directly? Will it just impairs their ability to breed? So basting during treatment will make a lot of sense to improve results more quickly, I guess.

On a side note, I've dropped my triton dosing 25% down before starting the treatment, and had no alkalinity issues. No frags or colonies have been lost until the 3rd week of treatment.

Many thanks for your product.
Ricardo

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yes, if smaller, they are newer hatchlings and the bigger ones have died out. Keep up with the basting to keep track of when these smaller ones die off :)

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
So the bottles are double strength. The instructions say

Day 1 - Dose 1 oz per 20 gallons

Day 3 - Dose 1 oz per 20 gallons

Day 6 - Small water change

These first two doses can also be combined and dosed simultaneously. Either way you end up with the same amount within the tank.

I would recommend that he baste daily or every few days and track what he is seeing for adults and new hatching during the process :)
I think he didnt get the intial dose right. Ill see him tomorrow amd I'll snap a pic of the label.

Thanks for your time and fast reply!

Jason1971

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm from Portugal (EU) and my batch came through UK, in the first order you've sent to Europe. Don't know if this is relevant for you answering my questions.
Before I've made the 3rd dose on Saturday, I still found a considerable number of aefw when basting 3 corals which I know are infected. Is it normal?
Maybe it's my impression but they seem smaller than previous ones.
So you are telling me that these are the ones who have hatched after the first dose because the eggs have already been placed before I've started the treatment?
If so, what is the normal cycle life of aefw and what is the maximum life for the eggs before hatching?
It's not supposed that purge kill the aefw directly? Will it just impairs their ability to breed? So basting during treatment will make a lot of sense to improve results more quickly, I guess.

On a side note, I've dropped my triton dosing 25% down before starting the treatment, and had no alkalinity issues. No frags or colonies have been lost until the 3rd week of treatment.

Many thanks for your product.
Ricardo

I was having the same thoughts although I am early days in the treatment. I still see adults and in your case you are already in your 3rd dosage and they are still around. Sorry but may I ask what is the purpose of basting? Shouldn’t we be dipping to kill and brushing off eggs as we see them?

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
The reason we recommend basting is a lot of people cannot remove their colonies and dip. It’s just a way to track as adults are dieing off and eggs are hatching and dieing throughout the treatment :)

Ricardo Pinto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
When is supposed to stop seeing adults aefw? Before the 3rd dose? Or will it be a few around before the 4th dose?
We should not see any aefw after the 4th dose?

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
It’s not a instant kill for some of the adults but they are affected enough that they can no longer lay eggs and slowly die off. Just depends on the age of the adult. You’ll notice as existing eggs hatch and that those young disappear quickly, breaking the cycle :)

julioperez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Well day 1 down. I got home last night not knowing what to find, since I left my tank looking like a dark murky swamp after first dose.
bad01243bda23934df483c10ca18bbe2.jpg

But came home and tank looks to be doing just fine... maybe still a bit cloudy is all.
77529132ab1167db944f713c400582f6.jpg

Blasted a few acros with the turkey Baster and sure enough I saw at least 20 AEFW’s blow off. They all seemed to be dead some even looked like the had partially melted wish I had gotten a pic of them but didn’t think of it in time.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 112 57.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 57 29.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 70 36.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 58 29.9%
Back