BREAKING NEWS! We Have Officially Eradicated AEFW's With A 100% Reef Safe IN TANK Treatment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Of course, as long as your water quality is in check :)

Oshengems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Please keep us posted when the new batch is up for sale I’m sure there are plenty in here following,

sebastianpolen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi guys , how's treatment in your tanks ? I'm after 3rd dose , everything looks fine now, and I can't see any flatworms at this moment.

Jason1971

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I did my second dose last night. Dipped some of the infected ones today and found small and adults still alive. The current recommended dosage does not seem to kill them off immediately.

DMG Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi guys , how's treatment in your tanks ? I'm after 3rd dose , everything looks fine now, and I can't see any flatworms at this moment.

I've done 2 treatments so far with good results. I haven't found any adult flatworms since the initial double dose. I dipped several acros right before the 2nd dose and only found 3 very small FW. So far, the results I'm seeing are very positive.

I'm just ready to put this whole episode in the rear view mirror.

Oshengems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Is anyone Purging have clams in their tanks? I have a 4” Maxima clam and as soon as this product is Available again I will be joining the crew

Frogger

View Badges
Reaction score
Is anyone Purging have clams in their tanks? I have a 4” Maxima clam and as soon as this product is Available again I will be joining the crew

Yes multiple people have clams in their tanks. If you read through some of the recent posts you will see the results and how it affects clams, snails, corals, fish etc.

I would strongly advise you and anyone else using this product or any other product in their reef tank to read these posts or do your research as there is a variety of things that can happen to your tank when using this product or any other product. You have to closely monitor your tank, its pH, oxygen levels, alkalinity etc. while using it.

It is crazy after a week we keep getting the same responses "I still have AEFW", people are adding this product to their tanks (which potentially house thousands of dollars worth of inhabitants) without knowing what is going to happen. This is probably why they have AEFW in the first place.

Oshengems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yes multiple people have clams in their tanks. If you read through some of the recent posts you will see the results and how it affects clams, snails, corals, fish etc.

I would strongly advise you and anyone else using this product or any other product in their reef tank to read these posts or do your research as there is a variety of things that can happen to your tank when using this product or any other product. You have to closely monitor your tank, its pH, oxygen levels, alkalinity etc. while using it.

It is crazy after a week we keep getting the same responses "I still have AEFW", people are adding this product to their tanks (which potentially house thousands of dollars worth of inhabitants) without knowing what is going to happen. This is probably why they have AEFW in the first place.

It’s 62 pages bro it’s a lot of in between stuff that I don’t need, asking questions is an actual part of doing Research i believe but thanks for the reply

Frogger

View Badges
Reaction score
It’s 62 pages bro it’s a lot of in between stuff that I don’t need, asking questions is an actual part of doing Research i believe but thanks for the reply
Your clams will close up every time you dose, but those people that have posted stated that within a few days they will open. There are other things that will happen (some of them could be bad), some people have claimed a complete loss of all sps, some have lost some, some have lost fish, you really need to know the risks before adding purge to your reef tank. That is why you really need to read the posts Those things may have happened to their tanks anyway.

Hebby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Anyone seen any colour loss in SPS or even tissue loss/death? Have read a few things now regarding the above and it's slightly putting me off using it if I ever did need to. :(

Frogger

View Badges
Reaction score
Anyone seen any colour loss in SPS or even tissue loss/death? Have read a few things now regarding the above and it's slightly putting me off using it if I ever did need to. :(
The product is new. They only started testing it in a large scale way a few months ago. We do not know what the long term success of this product is. The way I look at it is use it if you have no other options and your tank is overrun with AEFW to the point you are going to shut it down anyway.

Many reefers have managed AEFW in their tanks for many years (using wrasses). I have Monti nudis for a long time and my wrasse has kept it in check for several years to the point you would be hard pressed to find one. Not ready to add purge to my tank to control them until I am 100% sure of the short term and long term problems associated with using this product. People are having great short term success but from experience you can think you have a pest controlled only to find it again several years later without ever adding another monti to my system.

What's the hurry. I have had the problem for 10 years waiting another couple years is not going to make much difference.

gioNVA

View Badges
Reaction score
I completed the whole treatment about 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately, purge didn't work for me. Just basted some acros today and found a few AEFW. My system consist of a 75g display with a 20g sump. With live rock and sump volume, I am estimating a volume of 80 gallons total. This is what I based my dosage on. Dosed Purge every Sunday night, my water change day was Sat and I changed 10 gallons each time. Anyway, I lost a few acros (wd tenuis, bubblegum millepora, sc orange passion, and a sunset millepora) during treatment. I didn't check ph and alk until after a few days of the 1st dose. pH was down to around 7.6 and alk spiked to 9.9 (normal for my tank is pH of 8.3 and alk of 8 dkh). I think the losses were from a sudden change in parameters.

I don't run any filter socks and I did leave the skimmer on but with the collection cup removed. I also took out carbon (run it passive in sump) but left the gfo reactor running.

Jason1971

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score

I have not experienced any color loss and no major sps losses except one or two frags. The aefws are doing more damage then Purge for me so far.

sebastianpolen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi everyone , did any of you is few weeks after last dose of Purge and see any flatworms ? I'm after 3rd dose and just saw one of them in water , not in coral , just floating ,it has a orange colour and wasn't move , I'm thinking about double 4th dose , what do you think about that ? Thanks for any advice

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 36 53.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 55.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 9.0%
Back