BREAKING NEWS! We Have Officially Eradicated AEFW's With A 100% Reef Safe IN TANK Treatment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

yongwooi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Today is my last 28 days treatment and I found new patches of eggs. I guess it didn’t work for me.
1aa83bc829f35c787cfa246207ccf5c3.jpg

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I would hold off an that dose and dose it once the eggs hatch :)

uk jon

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi UWC

My tank is 6x2x2 plus sump. I have just received my 4 bottles from your uk supplier but I'm sceptical and worried i have 4 bottles from the first batch.
It is very thin nothing like what you have described in this thread even after being shook a lot.
my batch number is ..... 703856875470

I have just finished reading the full thread so as you can imagine im a little sceptical

Craig Whittington

View Badges
Reaction score
Last dose went in last night a day late as I was busy. I stopped basting daily as I couldn’t see any worms.... and haven’t seen any since..... I have a tiny bit of purge left in a bottle should I use it and if so when should I add?
The two corals I saw that had very small number of bites have recovered....

I’d say my experience is watch your kh as it dose bounce around abit,I too have a khg and a dastaco but purge played havoc with the dastaco.

That’s my experience....

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Great to hear!

If it’s not enough for another full dose, I would just add it now to beef up your last dose a bit :)

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I would just dose when it is most convenient for you :)

Dueholm78

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello all.

I'm back with my experience on this. Finished the full tretment 3,5 weeks ago and unfortunately still finding all stages of flatworms on my Acros.
For me it has been a total waste of time and money.
Don't get me wrong because I think that it is a good thing that UWC is trying to get a cure for these little tank killers but it still leaves a bad taste in your mouth when you pay full price for a product that is in my opinion not fully developed.
I wished I would have been one of the reefers who had sucess with this product but that doesn't seem to be the case. Will post a picture of a coral from yesterday to show the massive amount of eggs on that piece.

20190301_204934.jpg

Pygmey

View Badges
Reaction score
So I am thinking of ordering . Found a single worm. How is a turf scrubber effected? Any more concerns or successes?

yongwooi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello all.

I'm back with my experience on this. Finished the full tretment 3,5 weeks ago and unfortunately still finding all stages of flatworms on my Acros.
Don't get me wrong because I think that it is a good thing that UWC is trying to get a cure for these little tank killers but it still leaves a bad taste in your mouth when you pay full price for a product that is in my opinion not fully developed.
I wished I would have been one of the reefers who had sucess with this product but that doesn't seem to be the case. Will post a picture of a coral from yesterday to show the massive amount of eggs on that piece.

20190301_204934.jpg

I’m with you. Same thing happened to me.

Frogger

View Badges
Reaction score

From what i have read the product appears to work for most but there are some flatworms that it isn't 100% effective.

Here's the million dollar question- Knowing this (not always effective) would you still have tried? If you answer yes then it is not a waste of money. Now you know that you have untreatable flatworm and will need to take more a more drastic course of action or live with it. If you had read this thread before you purchased you would have known that Purge is not always effective.

Pygmey

View Badges
Reaction score
I think the other thing to remember is it cannot kill eggs. It stops the reproduction of eggs but the existing would have to hatch. I am curious if UC can check their PMs.. Just a few questions there. Also looking to get some asap and looks like you are only one state above me :)

Dueholm78

View Badges
Reaction score
From what i have read the product appears to work for most but there are some flatworms that it isn't 100% effective.

Here's the million dollar question- Knowing this (not always effective) would you still have tried? If you answer yes then it is not a waste of money. Now you know that you have untreatable flatworm and will need to take more a more drastic course of action or live with it. If you had read this thread before you purchased you would have known that Purge is not always effective.

@Frogger I think you are right in your assumption that I would have tried it anyways and I'm the first to admit that my last message was a bit harsh maybe.
I just feel like there will be no fix for me in my case since it didn't work in my tank without the possibility to set up a quarantine tank and leaving the display fallow and dipping the corals for months.

Frogger

View Badges
Reaction score
@Frogger I think you are right in your assumption that I would have tried it anyways and I'm the first to admit that my last message was a bit harsh maybe.
I just feel like there will be no fix for me in my case since it didn't work in my tank without the possibility to set up a quarantine tank and leaving the display fallow and dipping the corals for months.

Unfortunately AEFW is a difficult one. We all knew that before we started adding acropora to our tanks. This is the lure of acropora. If it was easy we would all grow bored. There is not enough money in the acropora hobby to give incentive for someone to spend millions of dollars and do proper research and come up with an effective control.
UWC is doing the best they can with the budget they have. Like I said it costs a ton of money to do proper research.

They need your constructive feedback to help them determine what went wrong and how to improve the product. Try to keep your feedback constructive rather then destructive.

Miles Laughton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Totally agree with Frogger. I didnt work for me first time but I am persevering, I tried to just dose as directed first time, but feel maybe the dosing needs to take place for longer....I am currently on week 4 on a 100 gal system. 1st dose double, second dose single, 3rd dose double, but now I will run just single doses until I use up my 4 bottles so will go into a Wk 7 dose. Hopefully this will be enough to stop the AEFW cycle. Support has been great from UWC. I would rather have the risk of it not working rather than wait for another 2 years until the product is trialled! Keep dosing it.

Dueholm78

View Badges
Reaction score
I would like to thank @UWC for sending me another batch so I can try again with sligthly altered dosing regime to see to hopefully send these bugs to neverland. Will post my results here when the treatment is over.

Richie Lloyd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
How many people of who this HAS worked as far as they know, do not have Halichoeres wrasse?

I’m thinking the daily basting is helping the wrasse keep on top of the numbers.
I’m on my last dose this week and still blowing some big ones off
Whether or not they are capable of laying eggs time will tell ‍♂️

Dennis Cartier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I am going to be getting some Purge in on Monday and will be treating a frag tank for MENs. I had the MENs controlled, though not eliminated, but a tank issue while I was on vacation has allowed them to roar back to plague proportions and take out 50% of my montiporas. Gah. Unfortunately I will be going on vacation again during mid treatment, but I will have the tank sitter dose the 3rd and 4th doses. I have an Alkatronic, so the expected alk spike will be handled.

If this works, it will be so nice to be free from MENs for the first time in over a year. Up to now it has been a battle keeping enough MENs predators in the tank and keeping the monti's growing faster than they could be eaten.

Dennis

Frogger

View Badges
Reaction score
I am going to be getting some Purge in on Monday and will be treating a frag tank for MENs. I had the MENs controlled, though not eliminated, but a tank issue while I was on vacation has allowed them to roar back to plague proportions and take out 50% of my montiporas.

I have MENS but would not risk treating the tank with Purge. I have had it for over 3 years, my melanarus wrasse seems to keep the numbers in check. My monti's are the fastest growing corals in my tank. Let us know how it goes.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back