BREAKING NEWS! We Have Officially Eradicated AEFW's With A 100% Reef Safe IN TANK Treatment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

oceanreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
It worked for me. While I still found flatworms on the third week of doing it appears to have stopped them. I haven’t found any flatworms for a few months and hopefully never again.

oceanreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
I used this product a few months ago after finding some flatworms in a display tank. I was a little frustrated after three weeks and still finding flatworms but after the last treatment I’ve not seen any flatworms for a few months. Fingers crossed but it has seemed to work. I take a turkey baster to my acros at least once a week and nothing.

Isaias

View Badges
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "UWC, postagem: 5485115, membro: 74799"] Veja aqui :)

https://www.uwcmn.com/purge-in-tank-aefw-treatment [/ QUOTE]

boa tarde

Estou prestes a terminar a quarta dosagem do Purge e não vi nenhum sinal de melhora, levei algumas acroporas para observar e vi ovos suficientes ainda, resolvi fazer uma inspeção com um banho melafix. Para minha surpresa, encontrei alguns adultos da AEFW
Estou seguindo o tratamento corretamente.
Você me ajudaria?

20190311_140710.jpg

Dennis Cartier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have added the Purge to my frag tank. My tank looks like Ovaltine now. We will see if this is effective on MENs. Oh, and when I shook it up really well, the tinfoil seal blew off as soon as I started to unscrew the lid. I always find those seals difficult to remove. Nice of you to provide an explosive seal, auto removal feature! :cool:

Dennis

Dennis Cartier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Ok the first dose of Purge has been completed and a water change done to remove it. The MEN are not gone yet, but I do see less of them when I check each night. Unfortunately my dual headed Stenner pump seems to have developed an issue where it is removing less water than it is replacing, so my salinity has spiked a bit. It was already high (the salinity) because this issue must have been going on awhile, so I was working to bring it down, but now know that the Steener has been working against me. All growth seems to have stopped after administering the Purge. My Alkatronic shutdown my dosing to stop alkalinity from spiking, so no bad effect from that. Some of the decrease in growth may be as a result of the salinity issue from the Stenner, but I was expecting to see growth slowing or stopping anyway, so it may be a combination or just due to the Purge.

I will post an update after the next dose of Purge (Monday), or when I fail to find any nudis on my montis.

Dennis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Will this kill all the worms in the tank or just aefw?

Isaias

View Badges
Reaction score
I finished my fourth treatment, and unfortunately after the last water change I suspected I still had AEFW, I decided to take a bath with melafix, to my surprise I found AEFW adults, I'm here to say that the treatment does not work, I threw my money away

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Just hang tight as those adults cannot lay eggs. Once they die off your tank will be AEFW free. Report back in a few weeks :)

Dennis Cartier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
OK, here is the update on the MEN in my life. I found large adults as recently as Tuesday. They seemed to be darker than normal, with some of their body parts appearing black. I am not sure if that is from the Purge or what not. I took a toothpick to the easily accessible adults because it is hard to ignore them. My large monticap that is/was near the edge of the tank near the surface is pretty much all gone. Tissue about the size of a nickel left, which is sad because it was larger than a saucer before. In the past, I have usually been able to stop the nudis before they were able to do much harm to digi's. Not this time unfortunately and most digi's are showing tissue lose as well.

I am leaving for vacation on Saturday. I will leave instructions for the next 2 doses of Purge to be administered. I figure I might as well see this through, though the effectiveness remains in question at this point. Either the Purge is going to kill the nudis or they are going to starve to death after consuming all monti's. That much is clear.

Dennis

ctpeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Well, here I go. I ordered an extra bottle just to go a little overboard. This is my third battle with aefw. They are a blight on my soul. First two times, I did 8 weeks of weekly bayer dips. This was over a year ago. I think my six line then kept any survivors in check. I recently moved to an Acro only tank. I have 72 different species of acros. I did not put my six line in this tank since I have added multiple other wrasses and he is a turd. All of the sudden, after about a month, I started to notice the telltale signs. ;Blackeye;Blackeye Thankfully I had followed and read through this entire thread.

I turned off my doser, and will be doing manual dosing throughout the duration of treatment.

@UWC , normal to start seeing them on the glass as treatment progresses? I baste daily. Wrasses are tearing up the adults, and I am manually scraping any eggs I see off with my fingernail.

@UWC, I plan on spreading the extra bottle out over the course of the treatment, any thoughts?

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yes, that is a good sign as they are uncomfortable and have left the safety of their beloved homes.

You can either up the doses if you feel it’s needed or extend the treatment by doing additional doses at the end :)

ctpeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Yes, that is a good sign as they are uncomfortable and have left the safety of their beloved homes.

You can either up the doses if you feel it’s needed or extend the treatment by doing additional doses at the end :)

Sweet. Can I just double up for the entire treatment? @UWC

zaher

View Badges
Reaction score
I’ve just started my first dosage of purge I don’t have lots of FW but I’ve seen couple of bites here and there so hopefully it’s gonna work for me I’ve done the 48 hours or maybe little bit less than 48 hours I think like 40 hours of waiting after first dose and place the skimmer cup back AC back and filter floss too lots of gunk and tan water had to replaced with newly fresh mixed salt water will keep you posted for any update please guys keep sharing you’re experience with this product.

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I would recommend letting the water clear on its own as you do not want to remove the Purge that quickly from the system :)

zaher

View Badges
Reaction score
An update after few days of dosing purge my Kh jumped from 9.4 to 10.3 and Ca jumped from 420 to 480 I’m seeing little bit of unhappy corals just a little bit I have reduced my dosages of Kh and Ca hopefully I won’t lose any of my corals but the question is why those numbers jumped up within few days?

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Totally normal what you are seeing and why we stress the importance of watching alk closely throughout treatment. At the beginning of the treatment, the change in environment is enough to slow consumption considerably in some systems. Generally around week three consumption will start to increase again :)

Back