BREAKING NEWS! We Have Officially Eradicated AEFW's With A 100% Reef Safe IN TANK Treatment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

oldnsalty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I actually dont think what you have pictured is bite damage. Usually they will be little white circles on the tissue anywhere on the coral but not so much right at the base. If you have aefw you should be able to take a turkey baster and blast off the corals and would see worms come floating off. They will look white to a very light brown, almost ribbon like and might be wiggling some. some fish will gobble them up like a treat if they see them.

Im coming up on 2 months since my first treatment and about 3 weeks since I added my last dose which was a total of 6 doses. I went on a worm and egg hunt tonight and see no signs of either worms, eggs or bite marks. things are looking promising.

Marthin Muller

View Badges
Reaction score
This may be a bit off line, but after getting paranoid about aefw (it could have been the coral beauties picking at the corals too) i opted to treat my tank with purge as per instruction.
This may be a coincidence, but my news (yes sis and new lover here) did not like the purge one bit, BUT so did the aiptasia.. I cultivate it for my copper band and I have about 4 left from literally 100's.
is this a known effect of Purge? any replies would be much appreciated

Marthin Muller

View Badges
Reaction score
This may be a bit off line, but after getting paranoid about aefw (it could have been the coral beauties picking at the corals too) i opted to treat my tank with purge as per instruction.
This may be a coincidence, but my news (yes sis and new lover here) did not like the purge one bit, BUT so did the aiptasia.. I cultivate it for my copper band and I have about 4 left from literally 100's.
is this a known effect of Purge? any replies would be much appreciated

Robmbush

View Badges
Reaction score
Following up on my second attempt with updated treatment progress.

Triple dose - Done, worms still present after dose when basting corals.
Single dose - Done, worms still present after dose when basting corals.
Triple dose - Done, worms still present. Removed several majorly affected colonies, inspected and dipped and will be dipping weekly in addition to treatment. Eggs still present however in seemingly in smaller quantities. High number of worms present when dipped.
Single dose -Done today, Dipped several colonies again and found eggs still present as well as a few worms.
Triple dose - Final dose will be next Saturday -25th.

I just finished the above sequence and am still finding adult AEFW in my tank although in greatly reduced numbers. I bought another bottle to run another single dose today. So far I have not found 100% success with this product even at double and triple dosage levels with an extended treatment.

Miles Laughton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
If you find eggs it had failed, until you find eggs you can’t assume it’s failed. I had adult worms months after. That was 2 months ago, not seen any eggs and now no worms... touch wood!!

Dueholm78

View Badges
Reaction score
Unfortunately it didn't work for me either even with the new dosing regime that was provided for me by UWC. 5 doses as follows double,single,double,single,double and I didn't skim into the cup until the day before the next dose went in.
4 weeks after the last dose I found all stages of FW in large quantaties. I have since taken the chance of treating the tank with Fenbendazole which seems to have killed the little buggers. The only fatalities I had besides the FW was sandsifting starfish and astrea snails.
I really hoped that Purge would do the trick but unfortunately for me that was not the case.

20190522_204137.jpg

Miles Laughton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Glad you are still fighting and hopefully winning the war on FW..... it is a curse we all will face if we don’t take precautions. Good luck.

Dueholm78

View Badges
Reaction score
Blew 5 large ones off today what is Fenbendazole?
Fenbendazole is a dewormer used for cats and dogs.
I was on the brink of tearing down my whole tank and throwing away all my acros so I thought why not take a chance on Fenbendazole before I gave up and it actually seems to have eliminated my worms.
Would like to point out that this should be your last resort since it can backfire. In my case I didn't care since I had decided that I could not live with worms in my system.

RaulM

View Badges
Reaction score
Well, this is my history for PURGE, i have 250 galon tank lost acroporas, i follow the instructions as said and i am in the 3 erd dose and still find aefw and still find eggs, so looks loke this product is not really works, just trash money. I have 3 acroporas dead after begin the treatment. :/

oldnsalty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I am sad to report that my 6 treatments have failed. Performed as instructed with 2 extra treatments and doubled the first and 5 treatment. Lost quite a few corals during the whole ordeal. Its been a month since the last treatment. I removed a frag from my frag tank tonight to clean it of algae and found a dozen or so eggs, after dipping there were several larger worms that came off. Dipped all the frags in the frag tank and found a dozen or so mostly smaller ones. My only hope is they are limited to my frag tank and I can dip all the frags weekly for 5 weeks. Not seeing any in the display tank but while blasting off the corals quite a bit will blow off the coral so might not be seeing the worms. I had such high hopes. Not the first $200 that I have blown on my tank but probably wont be the last either. I hope that it will work for others but after my experience I have my doubts.

RaulM

View Badges
Reaction score
I finish the full treatment and following the instruccions, and its fail, have many flatworms on corals yet,just lost in time and lost in money, lost some corals during the treatment expensives ones. I send many emails for some support they never reply. So i dont recomend buy this product is a really SCAM. Dont buy it

TheReefKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Looks like almost 3 months since their last post too

What a scam this was!

Looks like they took money and flew off and now people are reporting a failed product they stay clear of this post!

HOPE R2R takes notice of this scam!

Last edited:
OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Sorry, not a scam at all, as there have been MANY successful treatments :)

We are currently working on figuring out why it has not worked for some. Seems like those with mass infestations have the worst track record.

We also have a bunch of new worms from a few people that had failed treatments, that we are currently doing some testing on as we wait for them to reach plague proportions.

RaulM

View Badges
Reaction score
Well, my infestation was not severe i think is moderate to low and finish the treatment and still seeing aefw by the way i send you emails many times not get back any answer. Just for people know what they are buying.

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Are you seeing eggs? It can take quite a while before the remaining adults die off when treatment is finished. So not abnormal to see some worms at the end that have not died off yet :)

RaulM

View Badges
Reaction score
My treatment finish monday, the 4 weeks follow as instructions(after dose turn off skimer for 48 hrs, the turn on normaly) no carbon, no socks. This tuesday after finish treatment i dip 3 corales and have at least 5 or 6 aefw falling down, in the visual inspection with out a microscope dont see eggs but is very dificult inspect large colonies if have eggs or not.

So u are telling is normal that see adults aefw after treatment finish?

When suppous they will die?

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yes, as it is not a instant kill for all worms, but it does affect their nervous system so they can no longer lay eggs. As your remaining adults die off, you should be worm free. Give it a few more weeks and continue to baste your corals so that you can keep track of the worm population and report back in a few weeks.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back