BREAKING NEWS! We Have Officially Eradicated AEFW's With A 100% Reef Safe IN TANK Treatment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Wasn’t trying to hype it, just excited for what’s to come for the reefing community :)

We will be releasing the dip in a week or so and the in tank AEFW treatment in about two weeks.

We have been contacted by quite a few people who are at their wits end with AEFW’s. So a few people have product on the way to them. So, by the time we actually release it, there will be some sps enthusiasts with first hand experience with how well it works :)
Monti nudis next please ;)

Biggles

View Badges
Reaction score
Great to hear something positive in regards to in tank treatments for AEFW. I just dismantled my entire reef so i can dip all my babies individually out of the display. It's worm central at my place right now. It's good to know that if i ever goof again in the future ( likely ) there will be a product on the market to make dealing with AEFW slightly less traumatic for me, my fish and my acros.

There were about 15 -20 flatworms on each of the three acros pictured when i dipped them after the pics.............

2.jpg

zz.jpg

7.png

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Indeed, sorry to hear about your situation. You were actually mentioned in another thread. I said if anyone knew how to contact you to tell you to get in touch with me.

You’d be pretty amazed. It’s fun watching the dead flatworms flying around in the current once dosed. Could have had your tank cleaned up in a few weeks time.

With that said, you won’t have to worry about it again if there is a “next time” :)

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Great to hear something positive in regards to in tank treatments for AEFW. I just dismantled my entire reef so i can dip all my babies individually out of the display. It's worm central at my place right now. It's good to know that if i ever goof again in the future ( likely ) there will be a product on the market to make dealing with AEFW slightly less traumatic for me, my fish and my acros.

There were about 15 -20 flatworms on each of the three acros pictured when i dipped them after the pics.............

2.jpg

zz.jpg

7.png

These pics beautifully illustrate how difficult AEFW are to detect. Those corals all look healthy with great color and polyp extension, though as you stated, they were absolutely covered in AEFW! The only way to reliably diagnose is to take the coral out and dip it. The only real sign I saw on some of mine that were heavily infected was stunted growth. I had several frags that looked fine, but had not grown at all in a couple of months. That might be the only signs of a a problem. There's not always characteristic bite marks.

People need to have a much higher index of suspicion to find these worms. And everyone should use a QT system for all new acquisitions!

Biggles

View Badges
Reaction score
The only real sign I saw on some of mine that were heavily infected was stunted growth. I had several frags that looked fine, but had not grown at all in a couple of months. That might be the only signs of a a problem. There's not always characteristic bite marks

Slow growth to the point of hibernation is the only real thing i noticed until i actually dipped an acro. I would use a product like this once every six months just in case i had them. The only acro not infested is the pearlskin - it's not at all obvious.

d.jpg

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
@UWC - proud for you guys to have found a cure to the nightmare of acro keepers and more so because a fellow Viking found it ..
If it truly works as you say , it might be one of the greatest products in reef keeping :)
Keeping an acro only tank and having no medication to fight AEFWs are a nightmare you have to constantly deal with . Leaving your tank to hopes that you never get it is the worst thing possible .

Biggest question is how does it handle AEFW eggs as adults might get killed leaving eggs intact .

Regards,
Abhishek

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
@UWC - proud for you guys to have found a cure to the nightmare of acro keepers and more so because a fellow Viking found it ..
If it truly works as you say , it might be one of the greatest products in reef keeping :)
Keeping an acro only tank and having no medication to fight AEFWs are a nightmare you have to constantly deal with . Leaving your tank to hopes that you never get it is the worst thing possible .

Biggest question is how does it handle AEFW eggs as adults might get killed leaving eggs intact .

Regards,
Abhishek
I suspect there will be a 3-4 week continuous treatment. 1st dose will kill the adults and then the other doses will kill the eggs as they hatch.

ReefInskeep

View Badges
Reaction score
MSDS/SDS available on them once released? I’m always more comfortable handling chemicals/substances in my home if I know what’s in them. Anyway, hope this stuff works and isn’t expensive. :)

AquamanE

View Badges
Reaction score
What is UWC? A company? A hobbyist that is looking for a cure due to their passion for the hobby? A legit research institute?

Like others said, this seems like a snake oil pitch. If we knew more about the person/entity posting, it wouldn’t seem this way.

So, who/what are you @UWC?

I’ll be staying tuned and hopeful , but your pitch seems cheap so far.

I agree.

I looked at web site. They do service and have a line of unknown products.

I hope I’m wrong Big Time. But currently skeptical.

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Will more then likely not be at our uk supplier in a few weeks, but hopefully shortly after. There’s no real reason to dose unless you know you have flatworms present :)

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 155 61.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 27.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 88 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.6%
Back