BREAKING NEWS! We Have Officially Eradicated AEFW's With A 100% Reef Safe IN TANK Treatment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Worms about 1mm in length got off corals on day 8 after second dose on day 7. Plus seeing tiny worms on the glass now that I never before. I’m hoping this is because there moving about to get away from treatment. Have them in a jar and theve survived 48 hrs in water that has purge in it. :(

That was similar to me experience, seeing some worms on the glass for the first time.

bikedoctoRR

View Badges
Reaction score
That was similar to me experience, seeing some worms on the glass for the first time.
I’ve identified the ones on the glass are just brown flat worms as they have the pointy tails. But I still got defo aefw on the corals that are about 1mm lenght as videoed above under the 60x lens. Patches on corals gone white that weren’t there when treatment started. Sorry but I don’t think it works. Uwc said they won’t bread but at 1mm how longs it gonna live and what damage will it do ive never seen any big ones like others do. All mine are 1mm. Never seen any eggs.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I’ve identified the ones on the glass are just brown flat worms as they have the pointy tails. But I still got defo aefw on the corals that are about 1mm lenght as videoed above under the 60x lens. Patches on corals gone white that weren’t there when treatment started. Sorry but I don’t think it works. Uwc said they won’t bread but at 1mm how longs it gonna live and what damage will it do ive never seen any big ones like others do. All mine are 1mm. Never seen any eggs.

Oh it didnt work for me either. Corals ended up getting whiter and whiter, never saw significant decrease in eggs :(. Ended up completely nuking the tank and restarting from scratch.

badsmitty

View Badges
Reaction score
don't waste your $$$$ on this product, I tried it twice and it didn't work, basically I had to start over to get rid of the flatworms

ctpeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
People in this thread, including me, who read the whole thread and rolled the dice on the product anyways to find that it at best keeps things trending downhill:

1590935411150.png

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
People in this thread, including me, who read the whole thread and rolled the dice on the product anyways to find that it at best keeps things trending downhill:

1590935411150.png

Accurate haha. I pulled the plug and did a sterile restart.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
You dosed Flatworm stop, You double dosed, You did 2 rounds of a product that claims it works!

Not my words!
BREAKING NEWS! We Have Officially Eradicated AEFW's With A 100% Reef Safe IN TANK Treatment.

How isn’t it snake oil their are pages saying it doesn’t work 100% as the titles reads!

Again the headline title of the thread claims they have irraticated flatworms? May be change the name of the title and say we have a Big step in ridding flatworms with good reefing husbandry!

The tile as it’s called is snake oil fact!

I have 23 year of reefkeeping and good husbandry experience. I had hoped it worked and it did not I rid them like you over the course of the year did this help who knows but I’m clean 100% and this did not work it was my techniques. The title is misleading.

Would I recommend it as a step in Ridding them Nope I would not can be done without it.
Please do share your technique. I am getting hammered with AEFW.

ctpeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
If you’d like to chat about what has worked extremely well for me, shoot me a PM

nmo0ory

View Badges
Reaction score
If you’d like to chat about what has worked extremely well for me, shoot me a PM

is it working really ?
can i have the plan ?
i just found this product didn't see lot of ppl talk about it
if it work i will buy it now

i found this i don't know if its help
Dosing Instructions

• Day 1 - Dose 2oz per 20 gallons of total system volume.
  • Day 6 - Perform a small water change - 5-10% - If needed
  • Day 7 - Dose 1oz per 20 gallons of total system volume.
  • Day 13 - Perform a small water change - 5-10% - If needed
  • Day 14 - Dose 1oz per 20 gallons of total system volume.
  • Day 20 - Perform a small water change - 5-10% - If needed
  • Day 21 - Dose 1oz per 20 gallons of total system volume.
  • Day 28 - Perform a small water change - 5-10% - If needed

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
There are lots of posts. Probably no talk because it doesn't really work. Many crashes, some report that nothing happened with just a very few reporting success.

ctpeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
is it working really ?
can i have the plan ?
i just found this product didn't see lot of ppl talk about it
if it work i will buy it now

i found this i don't know if its help
Dosing Instructions

• Day 1 - Dose 2oz per 20 gallons of total system volume.
  • Day 6 - Perform a small water change - 5-10% - If needed
  • Day 7 - Dose 1oz per 20 gallons of total system volume.
  • Day 13 - Perform a small water change - 5-10% - If needed
  • Day 14 - Dose 1oz per 20 gallons of total system volume.
  • Day 20 - Perform a small water change - 5-10% - If needed
  • Day 21 - Dose 1oz per 20 gallons of total system volume.
  • Day 28 - Perform a small water change - 5-10% - If needed

In my experience, this product killed much of my sps collection and didn't kill flatworms.

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have dosed this product 3 times in my tank. My short answer is that it absolutely 100% killed my flatworms each time; whether it kills them all is based on the dose. I think it's extremely important to know your actual water volume (after sump/rock/sand etc) and know that you will need to do an initial double dose.

My tank is a 300G system with very large SPS colonies; doing a rip clean and dip was not possible without a massive loss that I was not willing to take. I did not want to disrupt the look so this product was my lifeline.

Where I feel this product falls short is that it does NOT kill the eggs and they will eventually come back. I like to think of it as an in tank dip that eliminates them. In my opinion, if you were like me and you feel an in tank solution to these nasty things is the only answer then I will say I swear by this product ALONG with KZ Flatworm stop together. I'll warn you, this is NOT cheap.

Here is my detailed experience:

1: Around 2016 I noticed my first AEFW; started seeing my first SPS losses and at first thought it was params. Due to chasing some numbers I inadvertently allowed the population to become an infestation. By 2018 I was at wits end about to do a restart and this thread came along. I figured what the heck as I was about to restart anyway and bought an initial test batch. I did the initial single dose instructions that were later changed to double. I experience no coral loss and some colonies I wrote off as dead came back to life in a big way in 3 - 4 months. The initial single dose did not kill them all ( large ones remained ) so I reset half way through and started over with an initial double dose and noticed that I no longer saw the large AEFW as I blasted the corals with a turkey baster. I was happy, in about 6 months I felt my tank fully recovered. Colors came back, PE was awesome and I was thrilled.

2: After close to a year since I started to notice low PE and it seemed my AEFW problem was slowly coming back. I purposely did not add ANY new livestock to the tank since the initial recovery so I knew this was remnants of the old infestation. It took about a year for the eggs the initial dose did NOT attack to get back to infestation stages but luckily it took long enough to where all my corals recovered and were healthy to hold off the bites.

3: About 1 year later (June 2019) after the population re-established and my colonies much larger I decided to try again but with a twist. I had read JDA's post about helping his friends tank with KZ Flatworm stop and found it interesting how they attack the flatworms a different way. Instead of actually killing them they helped the corals build a stronger slime coat that would eventually starve off and even though it also didn't kill eggs could eradicate them by starving new generations out before they can lay eggs. I just needed to weather the storm as it takes this product around 6 months (with double dosing daily) based on user feedback on the internet. This is where Purge came back into the picture.

4: I ordered enough bottles of purge to do 3 double doses on a 3 week schedule. While maintaining my KZ FWS dose I wanted to use purge to knock the population back while my corals built up their slime coat and recovered. It did it's job and I noticed very few flatworms and I could notice by blasting my corals fewer and fewer "new" ones as I dosed FWS.

5: Fast forward to January 2020 and I couldn't find a single FW in the tank; still did my daily blasting through March of this year and still nothing. I have had my most heavily effected corals (garf bonsai and tri color) come back to life after I thought they were long did during the first infestation 2+ years ago. As of today I have 100% confidence I am in the clear as my tank is booming with growth.

Takeaways from my experience:

I never experience loss even with heavy dosing of purge, usually within 2 weeks all my PE was usually better than ever and colors returned. Each time I was able to see bite marks healing over the multi-week dosing regime but again realize the eggs (the real problem) are not killed with this product.

Some users report alk rising, mine was opposite. I think because I had a large footprint of SPS colonies and slow growth as my tank was infested I had my calcium reactor tuned low because no alk demand. I had a few moments during dosing where my alk dropped from 8.0 to 6.5 within a day so make sure you test alk while dosing.

Po4 can be an issue; I normally run 0.02 po4 and after doing it was close to 1.0 so be prepared for that.

While I did not experience any losses I would always expect maybe a few because your tank is already stressed an alk spike or po4 spike could defiantly push them over the edge.

I didn't feel filter socks helped or hurt in either way.

KZ Flatworm stop is 100% needed if your'e looking at long term defeat of these things. Purge does a fantastic job at killing them.

I highly recommend a garf bonsai and tri-color in your tank if you're ever worried about these things to act as canaries. These AEFW seem to LOVE these types; their fast growth, deep purple color and great 24/7 PE seem to make it extremely easy to spot these things early. Even today my previous decimated colonies I thought were long dead fulled recovered and I check on them all the time to ensure they are clean as can be. A great tool for those who love to "eye check" their tank for problems.

Hopefully this wall of text is of value for all the folks battling these nasty things. I will say it's quite disappointing to read negative stuff because as I write this I look over at my pride and joy tank and see all the beautiful growth and colors. It wouldn't be in this state if this stuff didn't work and I will always be thankful to UWC for being one of the few who put time, research and money into battling these nasty little creatures.

Last edited:

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Anyone know if this will ever be for sale again? I cant seem to find it anywhere! I am getting desperate and willing to try what @2Wheelsonly did. Thanks!

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Anyone know if this will ever be for sale again? I cant seem to find it anywhere! I am getting desperate and willing to try what @2Wheelsonly did. Thanks!

Regardless of availability i'd recommend starting the kz dosing now as it takes a while. (if you have not already done so)

Also reach out directly to them, they were able to get me in touch with retailers who had inventory.

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks brother. I have a 500ml bottle coming in on Thursday of KZ and will start there. I can't afford to take my tank down and dip corals. I have way too many that are large and encrusted and too many valuable ones. I hope you dont mind a message here and there as your report and experience seems to be just like mine.

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks brother. I have a 500ml bottle coming in on Thursday of KZ and will start there. I can't afford to take my tank down and dip corals. I have way too many that are large and encrusted and too many valuable ones. I hope you dont mind a message here and there as your report and experience seems to be just like mine.

No worries at all, feel free to reach out any time! If you don't already have one grab a turkey baster and get some practice blowing off your tank. I would do it every other day and eventually ween down to 1 time per week. Also, as expensive as it is the double dose of KZ is highly recommended! I didn't bother with coral booster or anything else...all I used was KZ and purge. My LFS had purge on their shelf a few days ago so I know there are some bottles sitting out there!

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Just talked to them and they have none. If you get your hands on them for me I’ll pay for shipping and everything. Thanks for the advice so far! I’ll likely just order the largest bottle of KZ then next shipment.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back