Brew's 187g slice of the ocean

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More progress has been made today. The parts came in that I needed to get the 4th gyre working so that got fixed and is back in the tank. For the first time in months, all of the equipment in my system is working. I should never have let it get so bad!

Today was another 50g water change. I finally did some more testing and my NO3 was roughly 50ppm and PO4 is 3ppm. I think the NO3 will be fairly easy to resolve now that my refugium lighting is fixed. I added some GAC and GFO so I'm hoping that starts to bring my PO4 down and remove any residual toxins from my heater failure. I think that part is good, but I figure the GAC can't hurt.

Hopefully I'll have everything where I want it in a few more weeks. Then I'll look at adding new coral.
Got some stuff set aside for ya. Big ole chunk of my stag and some frags from all of my colonies that have been fragged so far. if ya want it when ready. They will be all healed and encrusted when time comes for nps. No charge of course, since you are my homie and all lol.

man I need to clean the acrylic lol.
D670D214-372B-4BF0-B534-6C768393CA5B.jpeg

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some stuff set aside for ya. Big ole chunk of my stag and some frags from all of my colonies that have been fragged so far. if ya want it when ready. They will be all healed and encrusted when time comes for nps. No charge of course, since you are my homie and all lol.

man I need to clean the acrylic lol.
D670D214-372B-4BF0-B534-6C768393CA5B.jpeg
Thank you, I appreciate that!

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More progress has been made today. The parts came in that I needed to get the 4th gyre working so that got fixed and is back in the tank. For the first time in months, all of the equipment in my system is working. I should never have let it get so bad!

Today was another 50g water change. I finally did some more testing and my NO3 was roughly 50ppm and PO4 is 3ppm. I think the NO3 will be fairly easy to resolve now that my refugium lighting is fixed. I added some GAC and GFO so I'm hoping that starts to bring my PO4 down and remove any residual toxins from my heater failure. I think that part is good, but I figure the GAC can't hurt.

Hopefully I'll have everything where I want it in a few more weeks. Then I'll look at adding new coral.
Keep the updates coming!

Monkeynaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brew12 are you using vibrant? I haven't checked in on your tank in a while and I am sorry to see you had a crash.
Just wondering though, are you are using it and if you aren't, did something drive you away from it?

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep the updates coming!
Didn't do much with the tank. Not even a water change this past weekend. I did test and NO3 is down around 30ppm and PO4 is at 0.85ppm so progress is being made.
Looks like my GFO burned out in a week so I'll be changing that tonight.
@Brew12 are you using vibrant? I haven't checked in on your tank in a while and I am sorry to see you had a crash.
Just wondering though, are you are using it and if you aren't, did something drive you away from it?
I haven't been using it, but nothing caused me to stop other than neglecting my tank and not having any algae issues.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How's the tank coming bro?

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's the tank coming bro?
It's a lesson in patience! It still looks terrible but all the work I've put in the last 2 months have me thinking I'm within a month or so of starting to restock coral.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back