OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good, what are you planning for the shelf? Some encrusting monti maybe?
Its going to be bushy acros. It is still 8" from the surface of the water so plenty of room for those.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just placed an order with Adam at Battlecorals. Not sure what he is going to send but I can't wait to find out! These will be to start populating that shelf.

And it seems like I have been asked a lot about using a QT system lately. Yes, I do use it. In fact, I have it set up right now. First time treating with CP and it doesn't seem to phase the fish one bit.
QTT.JPG

Bronc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! One day I’d like to order from Adam as well, but I really want to have more experience before I do.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bronc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just placed an order with Adam at Battlecorals. Not sure what he is going to send but I can't wait to find out! These will be to start populating that shelf.

And it seems like I have been asked a lot about using a QT system lately. Yes, I do use it. In fact, I have it set up right now. First time treating with CP and it doesn't seem to phase the fish one bit.
QTT.JPG
Nice, is the controller for the light.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. I figured you had the play station controlling that tank by now.
Love it! I did so much automation stuff at work I don't like doing it very much at home. I use my P4 for the bare minimum right now.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks great, love the rock work.
Thank you! It was way more work than I had hoped but I am pleased with it. More importantly, the fish seem to love it. Other than when they bed down at night in the rock wall section, they spend most of their time under the ledge and swimming between the branches.

Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything looks great, I will be curious to see what you get in your battle box, I was going to order one but got three 5 gallon buckets full of sps from a local reffer who is moving for free so I am going to be full of corals and I couldn’t beat the price.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good brew! I love the tower.
Thanks!

Everything looks great, I will be curious to see what you get in your battle box, I was going to order one but got three 5 gallon buckets full of sps from a local reffer who is moving for free so I am going to be full of corals and I couldn’t beat the price.
Thank you! I'm very curious, too. What I know is that it will include a few tabling acro's and a few bushy acro's along with that 10 pack.

Can't beat free SPS as long as it doesn't come with major pest issues. And I'm guessing if it did, they wouldn't have had 3 buckets worth! I'm just not so lucky!

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today was a little frustrating from a fish tank perspective, but it was an interesting day. I took the dogs hiking in a field near our house. With the cold weather we have had here in northern Alabama everything was frozen over. We don't often see ice this thick. I decided to break a hole in some ice from a drainage stream that runs along the side of the field so the dogs could get a drink. When I broke through, some water came surging out. In that water? A few small fish. I was shocked! Never thought I would go ice fishing in Alabama! :p
wildfish.jpg

I was hoping to get my light fixture extended out another few inches from the wall and a mechanical engineer at work recommended using aluminum flats. I was a little skeptical but he assured me it would work. It didn't. After getting everything fabricated it started to bend as soon as I started lifting the lights on it. Nothing broken, but it was a waste of time. Need a new solution.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke up this morning to a failed return pump. The rotor in my Sicce had broken in half during the night. Fortunately, all my livestock seems to be ok and the temp only dropped to 75F. I'm sure the O2 was a bit low but everyone still seemed happy.
The biggest problem is that I wasn't as prepared for this as I should have been. I ended up having to use 2 part epoxy, half a roll of electrical tape, and cut apart an old fitting to make an older return pump work. I just didn't expect a Sicce to fail in under 6 months. Needless to say I have a new pump on order and I'll work with Sicce on getting a warranty replacement. I didn't have time this morning to see if it was just the rotor or if the stator is damaged too. I'll contact Sicce once I get that figured out.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back