OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about something in between FTS's and close ups?
DSC_0004-2.jpg

DSC_0006-2.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bit of a sad update today. My skunk cleaner shrimp was nowhere to be found yesterday. I can't say I'm too surprised. He was large when I got him 2 years ago and I have heard 2 to 3 years is a common life span. I'll miss having him climb on my hand when I clean the tank.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bit of a sad update today. My skunk cleaner shrimp was nowhere to be found yesterday. I can't say I'm too surprised. He was large when I got him 2 years ago and I have heard 2 to 3 years is a common life span. I'll miss having him climb on my hand when I clean the tank.

Un like, I love skunk cleaners! :(

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone. It was an amazing pet but I feel confident he had a good life. But it did make me start thinking... how long have I had some of these critters?

I was looking through my old build thread and found this FTS from January, 2017. If you look real close, you will see 4 yellow tailed damsels, a starry blenny, magnificent foxface, 2 clowns, a hippo tang and a yellow tang in this picture. 2 years and 3 months later, the only fish that isn't still in my tank is the yellow tang. Having only been in the hobby for 2 1/2 years, I'm going to call this an amazing success.
IMG_0632.JPG

Bronc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone. It was an amazing pet but I feel confident he had a good life. But it did make me start thinking... how long have I had some of these critters?

I was looking through my old build thread and found this FTS from January, 2017. If you look real close, you will see 4 yellow tailed damsels, a starry blenny, magnificent foxface, 2 clowns, a hippo tang and a yellow tang in this picture. 2 years and 3 months later, the only fish that isn't still in my tank is the yellow tang. Having only been in the hobby for 2 1/2 years, I'm going to call this an amazing success.
IMG_0632.JPG
I would definitely agree!

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I look at where my tank was a year ago and where it is now and its amazing. Taking monthly FTS's to track progress is one of the best decisions I made on my build thread. I like being able to go back and see how things have progressed.

One year ago.
DSC_0033.JPG

6 months ago.
DSC_0007-3.jpg

Yesterday.
DSC_0008.jpg
Wow it really makes a huge difference with the back glass clear of corraline. Sweet progression collage.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Sorry about your shrimp I know how it feels, felt the same way when I lost my Maximus clam and had him almost the entire time of my tank maybe a few months shy. It’s neat to see the progress of our tanks and also why I take so many of mine. It’s hard to sometimes mentally remember which coral is doing what lol.

In your tank how often do you have to dose and do water changes? Was also curious if you have to dose noprox or something like it for nitrates?

Love the new pics and the process pics your tank is doing amazing.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!

In your tank how often do you have to dose and do water changes? Was also curious if you have to dose noprox or something like it for nitrates?
Right now I'm dosing 1400mL of kalkwasser. I dose 70 times per day, 20ml per dose.
For my Alk and Calc I have 12 doses per day at 4.7ml each.
I'm dosing mag 12 doses per day at 2mL each.

I do water changes every other week. I do not use NoPox or any form of carbon dosing. I keep a bottle of cheap vodka handy for the rare times I may feel it is needed but otherwise its not typically a problem for me.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_0632.JPG

Having seen your tank I would say it's very successful for that amount of time.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is great. I remember when I talked about the age of some of my fish when my tank crashed and you admired the success of old age with my fish. It is so nice to see that now you can look back and realize how well your fish are doing as your tank ages. It is awesome.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back