Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Wow @Brew12 I’m very glad to hear your safe and home is well. Sorry about your work place and others, will definitely keep them in my thoughts. I hope your doing well, other than the storm. How is your son holding up?
Hey Sarah, I am doing well other than the storm. I thoroughly enjoyed the 5 hours I spent at home last night!

He is frustrated. He's still only walking a little better than you are at this point. He doesn't have as good of an excuse as you do though! Thanks for asking!

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I follow the weather adamantly and have spent my entire life dreaming of becoming a field meteorologist and storm spotter. Last may I did a week in Nebraska and Kansas by myself chasing an outbreak. I am planning a moving east of Denver next year, and I will be fulfilling my dream of helping better understand and predict the areas most at risk to help lead times and give a few more precious minutes for families to find shelter in the event a twister targets a populated area.

Never want to see the destruction, but seeing one in person from a safe distance out in the middle of nowhere is truely awe inspiring. Humbling. Thoughts and wishes for your locals and friends who have been effected.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Brew!! Your tank looks AMAZING!!! Great work!!
Thanks Bronc! Haven't seen you around in awhile. Still makes me sad that you had to take down your 75g. That was such a beautiful tank.

Glad you and yours are safe and sound.
Thank you Victoria. We are safe, but wow did that storm make me busy at work. What I expected to be a slow week turned into a very long and stressful few days. Lots of issues for having no damage within a mile or 2 of the mill.

Trying to get caught up on tank maintenance now. Mixing up chemicals, soaking gyres in vinegar and cleaning the skimmer at a minimum. I'll be pleased to get that much done.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 48 straight hours of rain even Bailey doesn’t look excited about Christmas
FC3C27B9-02C6-4B01-8BAE-B48A0E2F58AE.jpeg

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pulling the trigger on another tank upgrade. The lighting on the front of my tank isn't great so the coral colors are worst at the normal viewing angle. I think the T5's just don't put out enough PAR at the height I have them and I don't want to lower the fixtures because I need the spread on my LED's.

So, 2 more Mitras LX7206's are on the way and the T5 supplements will go away. Yes... this is overkill for lighting. And I don't care, it's my ball and I'll play with it how I want! :p

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pulling the trigger on another tank upgrade. The lighting on the front of my tank isn't great so the coral colors are worst at the normal viewing angle. I think the T5's just don't put out enough PAR at the height I have them and I don't want to lower the fixtures because I need the spread on my LED's.

So, 2 more Mitras LX7206's are on the way and the T5 supplements will go away. Yes... this is overkill for lighting. And I don't care, it's my ball and I'll play with it how I want! :p
Have you looked at Mitras Lightbars to replace the T5s?

Cheers, Tony

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you looked at Mitras Lightbars to replace the T5s?

Cheers, Tony
I had considered that. It may have worked fine for me and would have been easier to install. But... I know that 2 more LX7206's will be overkill so no more changes after this. I'm ready to stop worrying about lighting.
Started with 2 LX7's. Added T5 supplements. Took down the T5's and added a 3rd LX7. Put the T5's back up. Once this is done, its only maintenance moving forward. I won't have room above my tank for more lights!

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm too old fashioned to post travel plans online before a trip so I'll give a quick update. With James not being allowed to come home for Christmas this year we made a last minute decision to head there to see him. My wife went to visit him on Monday but I couldn't get off of work and had some commitments at church on Christmas Eve. After the 11pm Christmas Eve service I came home, picked up our dog, and made the 7 1/2 hour drive to Fort Leonard Wood in Missouri. Poor Baily had never been in the car nearly that long but she did ok. Everything on the base was closed so we had little to do but hang out in the hotel room all day for Christmas. At least it was pet friendly and had a kitchenette. It wasn't a traditional Christmas, but we were all together.
We got out of bed around 7am yesterday and made the drive back. My wife and I exchanged our gifts last night and crashed early. We have been horribly sleep deprived. Finally got a good nights sleep last night and it feels wonderful.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm too old fashioned to post travel plans online before a trip so I'll give a quick update. With James not being allowed to come home for Christmas this year we made a last minute decision to head there to see him. My wife went to visit him on Monday but I couldn't get off of work and had some commitments at church on Christmas Eve. After the 11pm Christmas Eve service I came home, picked up our dog, and made the 7 1/2 hour drive to Fort Leonard Wood in Missouri. Poor Baily had never been in the car nearly that long but she did ok. Everything on the base was closed so we had little to do but hang out in the hotel room all day for Christmas. At least it was pet friendly and had a kitchenette. It wasn't a traditional Christmas, but we were all together.
We got out of bed around 7am yesterday and made the drive back. My wife and I exchanged our gifts last night and crashed early. We have been horribly sleep deprived. Finally got a good nights sleep last night and it feels wonderful.

I haven't been to "Fort lost in the woods" in sometime. Glad you had a good Christmas, even though it was with lack of sleep.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should know better than to stick my hands in my tank without a firm plan in place. In this case, it was just to straighten a rock that was falling forward. I need to make a better base to keep it stable. Of course, since it was a quick job, I didn't pull out my stool or remove the cover. Tried to adjust it by sliding my arm in.
End result? The rock still isn't straight and I have large pieces of purple and green monti caps laying on my sandbed.

grrr.

#honestyinreefing

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back