OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my skimmer back on line and put filter socks back in. Did all my water testing and everything looked better than I expected. Nutrients were high, as was expected, but everything else looked great. Alk and Calc were dead on where I normally keep them.

I also took the time to clean the sand and do a 20g water change. I moved 2 corals to balance colors/shapes out a little better. I'm seriously considering moving the large birdsnest. It's growing so fast it is hitting 3 corals now. My only concerns is that it may not get enough flow where I want to put it.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, a weeks vacation just went by way too fast. It is the only week in the year that I get to see my brother, sister, and their families. Way up in northern Wisconsin where you can completely disconnect. No internet, no TV. Wonderful!
lakestuff.jpg

lakebay.jpg

You have found Nirvana!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Wow @Brew12 lol our tanks are the same age yay I didn’t know our kids were the same age. :) The little green guys lepos are amazing and they move on their own lol. I had them on a large rock, now they roam my tank. (I could have sent you like 12 of them also and the same birds nest. I have to frag some of my coral, what all do you have in there now?

It would have been amazing to have a vacation, which I’m in sorta but because I have been sick :(. (Oh FYI pm) but lol watch the long spine they love to mow down sps :). I didn’t see you had a new banner (sooooo sorry but congrats you have so many which one is new lol) I don’t have a banner yet I need to earn one lol:) should be my new motivation :).

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you try a red and white daredevil spoon for Northern, they can’t resist them on our lake.
I didn't this trip but have used them plenty in the past. I had most of my luck on yellow spinner baits with twister tails. The bass and some northern were hitting on square bill crank baits and Rattletraps. And the occasional jerk bait, too.

You have found Nirvana!

It is wonderful up there!

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Wow @Brew12 lol our tanks are the same age yay I didn’t know our kids were the same age. :) The little green guys lepos are amazing and they move on their own lol. I had them on a large rock, now they roam my tank. (I could have sent you like 12 of them also and the same birds nest. I have to frag some of my coral, what all do you have in there now?

It would have been amazing to have a vacation, which I’m in sorta but because I have been sick :(. (Oh FYI pm) but lol watch the long spine they love to mow down sps :). I didn’t see you had a new banner (sooooo sorry but congrats you have so many which one is new lol) I don’t have a banner yet I need to earn one lol:) should be my new motivation :).
Yup, about the same age! I'm trying to keep all my more invasive spreaders on smaller rocks spread through the tank. That way I can keep them from crossing the sand.

I have no idea what coral I have. I should have done a better job keeping track. All I really care about is that it looks good to me. I don't care what designer names the different coral have.

I think my long spine has damaged one SPS but I have so much coralline, and it grows so quickly, that he munches on it 24/7.

The new banner was for the Reef Tank 365. I had no idea they were going to feature my tank. Wish they had waited another month or two since my tank is really starting to take off.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

That’s so neat and impressive it’s a great motivation for new comers :). I’m the same as you, as long as it’s pretty to me who cares about the name. I wouldn’t mind getting another one to munch on coraline but afraid he will plow the tank again.

I have to go through your thread again, I don’t know where they feature the 365 tanks at.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like a peaceful vacation. I was always more for the ocean than the lake, but anywhere near water is good!
My wife is definitely on the ocean side, also. She did not go with me on this trip. It was my son and I. My wife likes the gulf coast in the Florida panhandle. I'm pretty much equal opportunity. Variety is the spice of life after all!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

If I could have my way lol I definitely am an ocean girl and northern coastal person. Getting hotter than 70 just is so warm now a days. Plus you never get over the ocean smell and waves crashing. Kinda of the main well one of them the reasons I have a salt water tank. It’s mt own little ocean.

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, a weeks vacation just went by way too fast. It is the only week in the year that I get to see my brother, sister, and their families. Way up in northern Wisconsin where you can completely disconnect. No internet, no TV. Wonderful!
lakestuff.jpg

lakebay.jpg
Where at?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 66 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back