Brew's 187g slice of the ocean

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still wondering why it isn't open more like it was this morning. I feel you are right about the angel, but I expected to come home and find it completely open. It's about half way between last night and this morning.
mayhap it is trying to recover the chunk of flesh missing?o_O
I am liking this emoji with the squirrley eyes.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, my preference is to catch the flame angel and remove it, but that isn't going to be quick or easy. I've been using UMC's advice and feeding them out of a net. A few of the fish will swim right into it. The 6-line and flame angel are 2 that keep hiding from it. Very frustrating. :(

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still wondering why it isn't open more like it was this morning. I feel you are right about the angel, but I expected to come home and find it completely open. It's about half way between last night and this morning.

Mine does this constantly. Yesterday it was 1/2 the size it usually is and all feeders retracted. Today, wide open and feeders out. My other one does the same thing. And remember, I have only 2 clowns in my tank and they don't go anywhere near them and they did this before the clowns were in there. :)

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mine has different stages of inflated. One day it stayed halfway all day only to find it larger than ever the next day. How is flow thru that acclimation box? That could be effecting it also.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has different stages of inflated. One day it stayed halfway all day only to find it larger than ever the next day. How is flow thru that acclimation box? That could be effecting it also.
Flow through the box is very good. If anything I worry about it being too much flow. I can't put the box low enough to use rock to block flow.

Mine must be an early riser because it was fully inflated again this morning. I have to decide how much effort I'm going to put into catching fish this weekend.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brew12 love your trac and I have two and a Wells. They are kinda picky at least in my tank. There have been some days where my wells is five times it’s size, and same with the tracs. If it has been mentioned they normally like dirtier water. Now with that said, since I dropped everything down to go back to what I have always done all of mine ballon again. When I had the nitrates at 20ppm none of
Them looked bad they just didn’t really open up. Now that the water is back to the normal they open up. They don’t always open up either, there were some days 1 would and two wouldn’t or none of all three it was random. What you also wanna look for is if it loses the colors. Meaning one of mine is bright green and red, it faded to a light green and pink. They did better under my two orbits and worse under my 3 orbits. (One of the reasons I removed the third). You can also try and train them and spot feed them with lps food. This has convinced them to say yummmmy food.

But from the pics it doesn’t appear that they are getting nipped. My tangs get food that has landed on them all the time but never the coral.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brew12 love your trac and I have two and a Wells. They are kinda picky at least in my tank. There have been some days where my wells is five times it’s size, and same with the tracs. If it has been mentioned they normally like dirtier water. Now with that said, since I dropped everything down to go back to what I have always done all of mine ballon again. When I had the nitrates at 20ppm none of
Them looked bad they just didn’t really open up. Now that the water is back to the normal they open up. They don’t always open up either, there were some days 1 would and two wouldn’t or none of all three it was random. What you also wanna look for is if it loses the colors. Meaning one of mine is bright green and red, it faded to a light green and pink. They did better under my two orbits and worse under my 3 orbits. (One of the reasons I removed the third). You can also try and train them and spot feed them with lps food. This has convinced them to say yummmmy food.

But from the pics it doesn’t appear that they are getting nipped. My tangs get food that has landed on them all the time but never the coral.
Thanks Sarah!

I should know more when I put the Trachy back out of the box and watch how the angel interacts with it for a few hours. I don't have high hopes.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Lol I thought guardian angels were suppose to be up lifting and life saving. Demon angel lol. Yes they would give a sign have you always or changed your light settings? I know your mitras are stronger than mine, and when I had just my two orbits on there, they loved it. When I added a third is when I noticed my acans and wells and trac upset. Yet as I say that lol I’m still wondering if running my nitrates a little higher did it as well or combo of both. But, like you best said lol, don’t change things it wrecks havoc. I can live with the fact maybe some of my corals are not super super gorgeous.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Lol I thought guardian angels were suppose to be up lifting and life saving. Demon angel lol. Yes they would give a sign have you always or changed your light settings? I know your mitras are stronger than mine, and when I had just my two orbits on there, they loved it. When I added a third is when I noticed my acans and wells and trac upset. Yet as I say that lol I’m still wondering if running my nitrates a little higher did it as well or combo of both. But, like you best said lol, don’t change things it wrecks havoc. I can live with the fact maybe some of my corals are not super super gorgeous.
I have only had the Trachy for a week, so it is still adjusting to my system.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

They do take some time to adjust specially if they were under a different light source. Your mitras ghl 7200 are probably the strongest leds out there lol. If you have not tried acclimation yet maybe try that or cloudy and see what happens. You could also try moving the critter to a shady spot). The good thing is they well for me are pretty hearthy and come back pretty quick. Hopefully to make things easier what your doing now works.

Does your angel normally pick at corals for food? (I didn’t think any angel was safe in a reef, except the bellus angel) I have bellus female and she has been lovely. My Lt.tang is the terror in my tank along w my female clown. But when it comes down to pecking order it’s probably my naso then my Lt tang. I thought my purple would be issues because he does pick at corals but for food only.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

They do take some time to adjust specially if they were under a different light source. Your mitras ghl 7200 are probably the strongest leds out there lol. If you have not tried acclimation yet maybe try that or cloudy and see what happens. You could also try moving the critter to a shady spot). The good thing is they well for me are pretty hearthy and come back pretty quick. Hopefully to make things easier what your doing now works.

Does your angel normally pick at corals for food? (I didn’t think any angel was safe in a reef, except the bellus angel) I have bellus female and she has been lovely. My Lt.tang is the terror in my tank along w my female clown. But when it comes down to pecking order it’s probably my naso then my Lt tang. I thought my purple would be issues because he does pick at corals but for food only.
The Mitras are very nice, but there are stronger lights out there. And I have them dialed way down from where they used to be.

Angels are a risk. I've had this one since late 2016 and this is the first time I've seen her show more than passing interest in a coral.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She IS a little baggage, I would remove corals before removing her, she annoys other fish as well, just for the hell of it! ;)

Lol!!

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, "Naders Fault" is out of the box.
DSC_0024.jpg

I am convinced the Flame will be a problem. Even the yellow tangs picked at it a few times but the angel is the only one that keeps gong back. Not too bad, but not good.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about some photos of stuff I rarely take pictures of? This monti is on the back side, so it isn't noticed much.
DSC_0026.jpg

I don't take pictures of these often. I'm a Chicago Bears fan and these look too much like Packers colors.

DSC_0025.jpg

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, "Naders Fault" is out of the box.
DSC_0024.jpg

I am convinced the Flame will be a problem. Even the yellow tangs picked at it a few times but the angel is the only one that keeps gong back. Not too bad, but not good.
That's a great shot!!

My Regal popped the bonkers out of my Wilsoni :eek:, but it has laid off for along time.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one of the 2 sticks I have that are growing very well. Not sure why those 2 are doing so much better than the other ones.

DSC_0033.jpg

This guy is another that is doing very well.

DSC_0027.jpg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • None.

Votes: 29 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.8%
Back