ff39a45881b6a11da584981078d9ad6a.jpg

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful fish and great shots!

My Maggie is growing so slow... I miss my large Maggie she was beautiful...

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful fish and great shots!

My Maggie is growing so slow... I miss my large Maggie she was beautiful...

Gorgeous tank and fish

Thank you both! I love my fish. I wish I were as good with coral, but I'm finally getting there. I do want a school of anthias yet and a few different wrasses before I call the tank complete.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lovely dogs... I wish I could have them but I know who would end up taking care of them and I am only home on weekends so can’t ... [emoji20]. Something g to look for I retirement [emoji847].

Have you checked your PAR levels? I recently changed from a 8x80w Giesemann Matrixx ii to 5 Aí Hydra26hd’s and was running them to a peak of 67%. My staghorn immediately started to grow downwards (the branches literally did a U-turn!!!!) and a recently bought strawberry shortcake began to turn pale. I checked PAR levels and at 10” under water I was getting 500 PAR!!!!! The stag was getting some 700!!! I could not beloeve the results, as I was now using 350w vs the 640w before, and at about twice the height above water level! I have since backed down to 50% intensity (so only using about 250w) and the shortcake recovered its color.

As a side note I did look at the Mitras and wanted them badly, but the lack of a decent looking hanging kit for me (and I am sure countless others) kept me out, given I have a rimless tank with no canopy.

Did you catch your sixline? I have just ordered an aquamedic fish trap to catch mine [emoji4]

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lovely dogs... I wish I could have them but I know who would end up taking care of them and I am only home on weekends so can’t ... [emoji20]. Something g to look for I retirement [emoji847].

Have you checked your PAR levels? I recently changed from a 8x80w Giesemann Matrixx ii to 5 Aí Hydra26hd’s and was running them to a peak of 67%. My staghorn immediately started to grow downwards (the branches literally did a U-turn!!!!) and a recently bought strawberry shortcake began to turn pale. I checked PAR levels and at 10” under water I was getting 500 PAR!!!!! The stag was getting some 700!!! I could not beloeve the results, as I was now using 350w vs the 640w before, and at about twice the height above water level! I have since backed down to 50% intensity (so only using about 250w) and the shortcake recovered its color.

As a side note I did look at the Mitras and wanted them badly, but the lack of a decent looking hanging kit for me (and I am sure countless others) kept me out, given I have a rimless tank with no canopy.

Did you catch your sixline? I have just ordered an aquamedic fish trap to catch mine [emoji4]
Thank you, I do love my puppies!

I haven't. I meant to this weekend but I slacked off. No real excuse since I do have a PAR meter... sitting by my laptop... right next to my tank. :confused: Yup. I was that worthless this weekend. ;Sorry

I needed to take a break from trying to catch the 6-line. Having my tank in a complete state of flux has bugged me. I got the tank all cleaned up again and will probably make a new bottle trap this weekend. Going to try a bottle trap with a mirror as bait.

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I do love my puppies!

I haven't. I meant to this weekend but I slacked off. No real excuse since I do have a PAR meter... sitting by my laptop... right next to my tank. [emoji53] Yup. I was that worthless this weekend. ;Sorry

I needed to take a break from trying to catch the 6-line. Having my tank in a complete state of flux has bugged me. I got the tank all cleaned up again and will probably make a new bottle trap this weekend. Going to try a bottle trap with a mirror as bait.

I hear you... my aquascape consists of three large ceramic boomies so it is relatively easy to take them out... relatively being the operative word when lifting 25kg out of a tank with several large colonies attached....

I have a custom made acrylic frame with mesh screen in the middle that allows me to section the tank so I can corner the beast and only remove one structure... but still I would much rather catch him with the trap.

I still have one month to catch him (about the time my Melanurus and yellow wrasses have left in QT) so I will be putting the trap in and feeding exclusively in the trap and hopefully I will be able to catch him...

Your tank looks amazing so I am sure you will be energized and move forward [emoji4]

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cleaning up my 2nd post. Going to take it down to quarterly updates instead of monthly. But, to make sure they aren't lost, I'll be moving the pics into my thread and linking them on the front page.

DSC_0020.JPG

2/28/18

DSC_0033.JPG

3/29/18

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And... my first post is updated for my lighting changes. Thread maintenance is complete! Wouldn't it be nice if tank maintenance was this easy??? :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I here you, I have been struggling with my vodka dosing all day, running 30 to 50 mil an hour, so far only down side appears to be extra burps! :p
Must be rough doing all that maintenance getting tanked.. I mean.. to your tank! ;)

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cleaning up my 2nd post. Going to take it down to quarterly updates instead of monthly. But, to make sure they aren't lost, I'll be moving the pics into my thread and linking them on the front page.

DSC_0020.JPG

2/28/18

DSC_0033.JPG

3/29/18

Nice work! I massively redid my first post recently too. I am considering blowing out the second. The thread has gotten huge. I had 10 pages before I received an unbroken aquarium. Does not help that I am long winded. I did a table of contents too, mostly so I could find things for pictures and reference. @Fudsey was ready to contract me to do his next, LOL.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back