OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the maintance on the director look like?
Very minimal on the unit itself. Only an occasional cleaning of the measurement chamber and calibrating the pH probe. It does take a dedicated Doser 2.1 to run it which requires the typical doser wear part replacement. From what I've seen from other users, as long as a clean source of tank water is used, this can run by itself with no maintenance for months at a time.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A what???? :confused:

English Bobby

English-Bobby.jpg

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife is a huge Disney fan. We took James when he was much younger and wanted to go one last time as a family last year but had to push it back. They aren't going to let him out of boot camp to go with us, so my wife and I are doing it without him. Ah well. For me, I want to see what it looks like when it is decorated for Christmas. I've heard it is amazing so we will see it for ourselves this year.
We have been there at Christmas and it is an experience. Disney without kids was sooo much fun! Do you enjoy woodstove pizza? where are you staying?

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have been there at Christmas and it is an experience. Disney without kids was sooo much fun! Do you enjoy woodstove pizza? where are you staying?
I enjoy woodstove pizza, my wife typically does not. We are spending 5 nights at the Port Orleans French Quarter.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great! How are you liking those lights?
I love them. They don't get the high PAR numbers do, but I love the natural light color I can produce and how much spread they have.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, I don't see too many people running them.
It was a leap of faith with so few examples to go off of. I know some people love the heavy blue look even during the day, and these would not work well for that so they are not for everyone.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know, I've been slacking on my updates. This past week and this week are very busy for me personally. With my son leaving for boot camp this coming Sunday we are trying to do as much as we can together this last stretch. Toss in a family wedding this coming Saturday and it doesn't leave much time for updates, pictures, or even tank maintenance.

My aiptasia has gotten to the point where I can't contain it with chemicals. I think using a Kalk paste was a horrible mistake that caused it to spread like crazy. I added some Berghia nudi's this past week so hopefully they will be gone in the next few months.

Still waiting on the GHL Director so no updates there. Probably won't have time to set it up until next week, anyway.

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brew12 excellent tank! Mind sharing with me your lighting schedule on the mitras? Or if you uploaded it to GHLs website let me know. It’s a great fixture, but I’m a little overwhelmed by just how customizable it is at times.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brew12 excellent tank! Mind sharing with me your lighting schedule on the mitras? Or if you uploaded it to GHLs website let me know. It’s a great fixture, but I’m a little overwhelmed by just how customizable it is at times.
Thank you, I'm glad you like it!

The fixtures are dangerous for a tinkerer like me! So many options! I have not uploaded it to GHL's website, but maybe I should. If I have time I'll try to do that tonight. Otherwise, I'll be happy to send it to you.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was telling my husband about your new gadget. He said no. We apparently got to help our kids go to college. We went to Disney too many times and now we got to really put some money towards college funds. Aw man.

BTW...I want to become a contributing memeber but I don't have a pal account. Can't I just use a CC?

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was telling my husband about your new gadget. He said no. We apparently got to help our kids go to college. We went to Disney too many times and now we got to really put some money towards college funds. Aw man.

BTW...I want to become a contributing memeber but I don't have a pal account. Can't I just use a CC?
The Mouse is an absolute expert at negatively impacting a budget. Planning our Disney trip has been a crazy experience in and of itself. Dinner reservations 180 days out? Seriously? I was lucky and got us locked in for the "Be Our Guest" dinning experience since my wife is a huge Beauty and the Beast fan. I figured I would be ok making the rest of our dinner reservations when I set up our fast passes at 60 days out. That didn't work. Almost no table options available anywhere in the park. Absolutely crazy....

My new gadget should be here tomorrow. I might even have time to set it up tomorrow night.

I think you can use a CC for a membership. I'm pretty sure I did.

U

User1

View Badges

Lol. College does have a way of getting in the middle of hobbies. Had two in at the same time. My daughter just finished and now interviewing for her masters. My son has about another year to go. I had this vision of ordering a bunch of TBS rock and sand for my tank upgrade but alas college was still in play so went with 150 lbs or so of dry Pukani. If I was stubborn or did things differently it would have been possible but probably uncomfortable in some cases so changes happen. End result may be the same with the tank just progresses and matures at a different pace. No regrets in the end.

Disney is a similar boat (no pun intended - been on two of the cruises). Planning another visit now just not sure if we catch October Halloween or Christmas decoration / festivities :D

Membership allows the use of a CC.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. College does have a way of getting in the middle of hobbies. Had two in at the same time. My daughter just finished and now interviewing for her masters. My son has about another year to go. I had this vision of ordering a bunch of TBS rock and sand for my tank upgrade but alas college was still in play so went with 150 lbs or so of dry Pukani. If I was stubborn or did things differently it would have been possible but probably uncomfortable in some cases so changes happen. End result may be the same with the tank just progresses and matures at a different pace. No regrets in the end.

Disney is a similar boat (no pun intended - been on two of the cruises). Planning another visit now just not sure if we catch October Halloween or Christmas decoration / festivities :D

Membership allows the use of a CC.
We've normally cruised Carnival. How are the Disney cruises for adults without kids?

U

User1

View Badges
We've normally cruised Carnival. How are the Disney cruises for adults without kids?

With the understanding that it is Disney related, themes, and children abound the ships are amazing. I've not been on a better ship. Attention to detail, quality, service, cleanliness, etc. Top notch and sets the bar pretty high if truth be told. Food is good. There are things to do for children, young teenagers, young adults, and adults alike. Cigar bars, a nice restaurant, etc. Excursions cater to any age depending on which cruise you go on. First one we took just went to the Bahamas and their castaway island. Second one we took longer heading over to Costa Maya area and back. Similar when we stayed at the Aulani resort in Hawaii. Water park themed but amenities, food, resort, is amazing and plenty to do without children or children in their 20's.

Not the greatest reviews but ships are amazing, it is Disney so expect children of all ages, but things to do on the boat for adults, adult beverages, adult only areas, excursions to choose from or go your own, etc. Expensive but you can shop around I believe. We are planning the European one next. We'll see.

Note - off topic of your thread and I meant to also say ty for the updates :D

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the greatest reviews but ships are amazing, it is Disney so expect children of all ages, but things to do on the boat for adults, adult beverages, adult only areas, excursions to choose from or go your own, etc. Expensive but you can shop around I believe. We are planning the European one next. We'll see.
We are considering a Disney cruise to Alaska next year so I appreciate the input!

Note - off topic of your thread and I meant to also say ty for the updates :D
Oh yeah... reefing.... :oops:
Umm... Reefing is helping cover the cost of our Disney trips since I use a Disney rewards card to pay for everything? :rolleyes::D

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back