Brew's 187g slice of the ocean

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tough call...

Pic 1 can see both clowns, Anthias look good and fox is front and center but, no Kole or 6 line.
Pic 2 Kole is out as well as 6 line but, no Clowns

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'm struggling with this one still. I went back and looked and found another that cleaned up fairly well. Let's try this again with a different #3.
DSC_0075.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, I like #1. Starting to feel like we are no help at all. ;Woot

I appreciate the input! I have no idea myself... there are things I like and dislike about all 3. :confused:

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a non-picture related update. The gyre Icecap controllers came early (well, the 2 that were in stock) and I got them up and running. I now have 4 of the XF250's running in my tank. I'm liking it!

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'm going with @najer with #2. Initially it was my least favorite, but as I've looked at it more, it seems to have the best balance.

The new pumps have made the tank flow is absolutely fantastic. I still need 2 more Icecap controllers to get the flow patterns where I want it, but the total water movement is so much better now. My Hammer corals aren't too happy with the big increase in flow, so I've tried to move them into more sheltered spots.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped getting updates for some reason don't judge!! :p

Hey brew, how big is your QT tamk?
I have a 55g, 20g, and 10g that I keep. I had the 20g set up for the anthias and the 10g set up for the mandarin recently.

Nick C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 55g, 20g, and 10g that I keep. I had the 20g set up for the anthias and the 10g set up for the mandarin recently.
Would you say a 5.5 gallon would be too small? I see these people with larger QT tanks, I just don't have the room for something like that.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#1.. many of the show stopper fish are broadside to show off their patterns and colors. Tank is looking awesome man.

To touch on the prophylactic QT'ing convo earlier, I am really considering a strong UV in my sump plan for the 125g and turning over to parasiste mangament and healthy fish with Hope's that in time, with proper turnover the UV will take care of enough to eventually beat out anything in the water column. But its risky.

So many ways to succeed in this hobby, but many more way to fail. Such a gamble and I guess it all comes down to where u wanna spend the time and money because the cost of a UV and time with husbandry and livestock care is balanced out imo with the cost and time to run a proper QT regiment.

Toss of a coin.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you say a 5.5 gallon would be too small? I see these people with larger QT tanks, I just don't have the room for something like that.
It depends on the fish you want to QT. A 5.5g would be fine for 2 or 3 very small fish.
#1.. many of the show stopper fish are broadside to show off their patterns and colors. Tank is looking awesome man.

To touch on the prophylactic QT'ing convo earlier, I am really considering a strong UV in my sump plan for the 125g and turning over to parasiste mangament and healthy fish with Hope's that in time, with proper turnover the UV will take care of enough to eventually beat out anything in the water column. But its risky.

So many ways to succeed in this hobby, but many more way to fail. Such a gamble and I guess it all comes down to where u wanna spend the time and money because the cost of a UV and time with husbandry and livestock care is balanced out imo with the cost and time to run a proper QT regiment.

Toss of a coin.
Thanks, I appreciate it!

The main reason I won't risk my current system with parasite management is due to the larger tangs. Aggression isn't too bad (my yellow's can have attitudes) but its still more than I would be comfortable with in an immunity based system. If I decided to go immunity based I would get rid of the Hippo tang and both yellow's. The rest would likely get along just fine and give it a chance to work.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back