OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He just flipped you the bird as he swam by.
I've pulled almost all the rock out of my system at one point trying to catch him with no success. He has earned the right to flip me the bird. ;Wideyed

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you looked at the tankmatez trap? I have found it pretty effective.
I've tried using traps, but I catch all my other fish. He is way too smart. He isn't causing any problems so at this point I feel like he has earned the right to stay in my tank. Just keeps me from getting some fairy wrasses that I am interested in for fear of aggression.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried using traps, but I catch all my other fish. He is way too smart. He isn't causing any problems so at this point I feel like he has earned the right to stay in my tank. Just keeps me from getting some fairy wrasses that I am interested in for fear of aggression.
The only way I was able to catch my six line was the same way I caught a banana wrasse. My Six line was just like it and always first to the food. Very small salmon egg hook for trout fishing, crush the barb, 2lb test line and go fishing. Small piece of mysis covers the hook perfectly. Drop it in and as soon as it goes to eat the mysis, pull up and out.

Will only work if they are first to the food.

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to catch my six lines for over a month, moving rocks tempting it with food, traps... nothing, those buggers are really smart. lol

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying a short video
Videos aren’t working. I Switched over from Tapatalk on the assurance that the user experience wouldnt be affected, and I can’t get direct video upload to work, and editing is a mess.

I just stick with linking YouTube vids but it’s a few extra steps

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Videos aren’t working. I Switched over from Tapatalk on the assurance that the user experience wouldnt be affected, and I can’t get direct video upload to work, and editing is a mess.

I just stick with linking YouTube vids but it’s a few extra steps
It's working for me. I posted it using Chrome on my phone and am watching it on my Surface using Edge.

BigTex1836

Howdy from Houston
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new tank is on the way. Custom from SCA Aquariums. I love the fact that they send approval drawings prior to starting building it.
969ss.JPG

key3D.352.jpg
Very cool. The engineer in me loves this

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's finally working for me, but it takes a really long time to load.
It took 8 seconds from pressing play before it popped up on my computer. Guessing it is stored as a zip file and uncompressed on demand.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice ! I can watch it now. Thanks !
The quality of the video directly on R2R is much better than the youtube one... not sure why.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife went out to dinner with a friend so I figured I would spend some time taking pictures or video of the tank when I got home from work. You'll notice nothing was posted. It's been one of those days.

It started with an early morning call from one of our neighbors saying our dog, Bailey, was on our front porch. I drove home and found her waiting there. We had a heck of a storm come through last night. Dumped 3" of rain in under 2 hours. I didn't realize the wind gusts damaged the fence. So, 10 minutes to fix the fence, Bailey went back outside and I went back to work.
So I walk into the house after work still thinking I would take some pics. The first thing I noticed was that the house felt muggy. When it is 95F outside and a heat index of 105F it should feel cool and refreshing. Sure enough, the house was 81F and the HVAC wasn't working. ;Blackeye
Up into the attic I went (do I have to mention how hot the attic was?) and realized that the condensate drain had partially clogged so it wasn't draining fast enough. I worked to clear the clog and dry off the overflow sensor. Got that working.
Stopped to drink some water and feed the fish. I'm not panicked yet, but I think one of the anthias is having troubles. It wasn't feeding as aggressively as the others. It's the first night with that issue so something to keep an eye on. I also realized I haven't seen the coral beauty in a few days. It has been feeding off the sponges inside the rock structure so I haven't seen it much since its been in the tank. Not sure if its an issue or not. Court Jester Goby seems to have found a home under my Hollywood Stunner so that is a positive.
Anyway, put on a swimsuit and was in and out of the pool while cleaning up the fence repair and HVAC messes I made. Showered, and now sitting back with a Makers Mark watching the Cubs game. I'm beat.

So, that's my excuse for not posting new pictures today.

JMM744

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife went out to dinner with a friend so I figured I would spend some time taking pictures or video of the tank when I got home from work. You'll notice nothing was posted. It's been one of those days.

It started with an early morning call from one of our neighbors saying our dog, Bailey, was on our front porch. I drove home and found her waiting there. We had a heck of a storm come through last night. Dumped 3" of rain in under 2 hours. I didn't realize the wind gusts damaged the fence. So, 10 minutes to fix the fence, Bailey went back outside and I went back to work.
So I walk into the house after work still thinking I would take some pics. The first thing I noticed was that the house felt muggy. When it is 95F outside and a heat index of 105F it should feel cool and refreshing. Sure enough, the house was 81F and the HVAC wasn't working. ;Blackeye
Up into the attic I went (do I have to mention how hot the attic was?) and realized that the condensate drain had partially clogged so it wasn't draining fast enough. I worked to clear the clog and dry off the overflow sensor. Got that working.
Stopped to drink some water and feed the fish. I'm not panicked yet, but I think one of the anthias is having troubles. It wasn't feeding as aggressively as the others. It's the first night with that issue so something to keep an eye on. I also realized I haven't seen the coral beauty in a few days. It has been feeding off the sponges inside the rock structure so I haven't seen it much since its been in the tank. Not sure if its an issue or not. Court Jester Goby seems to have found a home under my Hollywood Stunner so that is a positive.
Anyway, put on a swimsuit and was in and out of the pool while cleaning up the fence repair and HVAC messes I made. Showered, and now sitting back with a Makers Mark watching the Cubs game. I'm beat.

So, that's my excuse for not posting new pictures today.
Wow, thanks for reminding me...the Giants are in Chicago! Got to get caught up. I am used to them playing at 10:10 Ohio time.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back