OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear! Your aquarium is amazing fun to follow and see. I think more videos are needed, now that I think about it.
No excuses there. I keep meaning to play around with it more since I have a GoPro but the coloring always seems off so I get frustrated. I did load some new editing software to try and improve things so maybe I'll try again soon.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of my corals are from Adam. I look at my tank and even though many of the acros are a good 6" to 10" in diameter with 25+ branches I just don't look at my tank and feel like it is full of colonies.

I think my main issue is the lack of height over the rock. Only my 2 purple stags have done well, the rest grow very slow. That likely leads to my feeling the tank hasn't grown in.
Looking at ur photos on this page I would say ur close couple are what I would call mini but a majority I would call colonies pretty soon u will be trimming every weekend

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear! Your aquarium is amazing fun to follow and see. I think more videos are needed, now that I think about it.
This is why I don't do more videos.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to believe this system is less than 2 years Brew... what a success. And I like the video, stop being so self-critical! The more u make the better they will get! Nice lookin colonies too ;)

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to believe this system is less than 2 years Brew... what a success. And I like the video, stop being so self-critical! The more u make the better they will get! Nice lookin colonies too ;)
Trust me, I'm very pleased. I only wish the video's could capture what I see in person better.

Brew, I'm curious, when you placed your sps frags originally do you place them based off par or flow or just where they looked best to you or with no rhyme or reason at all?
It was a combination of PAR, flow, and color/growth pattern. It hasn't worked out exactly how I've wanted and I've had to do some moving around. I assumed some corals would prefer higher light that never did well until I moved them down. Still trying to figure out why most of my stags are stagnant. Not sure if it is a flow/par issue or not.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No excuses there. I keep meaning to play around with it more since I have a GoPro but the coloring always seems off so I get frustrated. I did load some new editing software to try and improve things so maybe I'll try again soon.
If you have GoPro protune turned on in the software, turn it off. It does great at 15 ft under natural sunlight, ie scuba diving in the Bahamas, but it sucks with artificial lights at higher blues.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have GoPro protune turned on in the software, turn it off. It does great at 15 ft under natural sunlight, ie scuba diving in the Bahamas, but it sucks with artificial lights at higher blues.
Good to know! I haven't played around with the GoPro much but I need to start.
Your tank looks awesome for 2 years old man, congrats. Looking at it I can just see all the hard work

A question, if I may? How big where the monti caps when you got them abd how long have you had them? The growth is amazing
The monti's all started as 1" frags. This is the orange monti, same location in January of 2018.
1571960594308.png

Since then I've fragged off at least a dinner plates worth and put a piece in the back of the tank that has gotten very large. This thing is a weed.

All of the monti's were added within a month or two of each other. The light green one is growing very well but not crazy like the orange one.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tank and video. Can’t believe the tank is only 2 years old.
Thank you!

The tank went wet on Dec 10th, 2017 so it's second birthday is comming up.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, 3 of my planned 6 are added. I'll probably add the other 3 next month.
Got IDs on those? 3 looks like a mccoskers (I’m getting one next week) but I’m new to wrasses and it could be a carpenters. Or neither, lol

Edit: not even close lol.

What else are you getting? I’m considering a naoko as well as another flasher (carpenters but it might be too similar to the mcC) I need to find that wrasse compatibility chart.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back