OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, things are finally stabilizing on the CaRx. I'm operating it at 50ml/min at a pH of 6.2 and that is making up most of the demand. I'm down to dosing 1.4L of Kalkwasser and around 40ml/day of 2-part.
I appreciate @ksed input on the very low pH required for the media I'm using. I wanted to use the Two Little Fishies media, but it has been sold out for awhile and no one seems to know if and/or when it will be available again.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, things are finally stabilizing on the CaRx. I'm operating it at 50ml/min at a pH of 6.2 and that is making up most of the demand. I'm down to dosing 1.4L of Kalkwasser and around 40ml/day of 2-part.
I appreciate @ksed input on the very low pH required for the media I'm using. I wanted to use the Two Little Fishies media, but it has been sold out for awhile and no one seems to know if and/or when it will be available again.

The TLF Reborn 8.8lb is available in the link below...

And the TLF Reborn (Small) 8.8lb. is available in the link below...

And here it is available at a freaky low price. Although, I must say the site looks a little bit suspicious.

Hope these might help!

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m dismayed at the disappearance of the Reborn media on the market. I just refilled my 8x18 Geo and used the last of my 44lb box, went to order more and I see that it’s been gone for awhile. I’m kicking myself for not having bought more sooner. :( I’m not a fan of the ARM in my secondary chamber. I guess I’ll just be using aragonite sand in the future. Fairly certain I’ve got 180# in the shed, that should last me a few years. I seem to use about 22 lbs a year. Your tank looks wonderful!

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad it helped!

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brew,
I just watched the video here: Reef Builders link and wow...

I had no idea the Seabones V 2 was such a radically different design than other reactors.

I'm glad you're getting it dialed in, cause that is definitely different than what I'm used to. With the rain shower design, that seems like it would make more noise than what I'm used to, and you would not have the CO2 bubble recirculating noise I'm used to with Korralin or Geo reactors.

I'm definitely interested in seeing how you like this reactor long term.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brew,
I just watched the video here: Reef Builders link and wow...

I had no idea the Seabones V 2 was such a radically different design than other reactors.

I'm glad you're getting it dialed in, cause that is definitely different than what I'm used to. With the rain shower design, that seems like it would make more noise than what I'm used to, and you would not have the CO2 bubble recirculating noise I'm used to with Korralin or Geo reactors.

I'm definitely interested in seeing how you like this reactor long term.
The water falling in and of itself is very quiet. I think I'm getting cavitation where the CO2 is injected into the pump suction because of how much CO2 I need to add. I'm pushing this thing pretty hard.

D6025K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Brew12. I have just finished reading all of the posts in the build. Took me about 2 1/2 weeks. Very nice looking tank. I also am using the Mitras LX7's over my tank. I don't remember you posting what lighting schedule you are using, at least not the final version. Would you mind posting your intensity, spectrum you are using? Oh yeah, and I love the shelf you constructed. Very cool and thanks for being very up front about all you positive and negative experiences.

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ill admit i didnt read through all189 pages..but saw your signature. tank is bomb... noticed Mitras... what settings are you using.. looks white but still some blue but corals look poppin... looking to tweak mine possibly as i just tried to copy ab+ 100 for blues and 24 for red green and whites. and brightness 90% for now.. UV just got to 40 for now

i believe it says it comes out to like 17,400k color... then for last 3 hours i run it to i believe about 21000k

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been reading through your thread. Have a very similar tank being delivered on Monday. 60x30x22. I love what you have done with the scape and it is amazing how fast everything has grown for you. Now back to reading through the rest of your thread.
Hi Brew12. I have just finished reading all of the posts in the build. Took me about 2 1/2 weeks. Very nice looking tank. I also am using the Mitras LX7's over my tank. I don't remember you posting what lighting schedule you are using, at least not the final version. Would you mind posting your intensity, spectrum you are using? Oh yeah, and I love the shelf you constructed. Very cool and thanks for being very up front about all you positive and negative experiences.
ill admit i didnt read through all189 pages..but saw your signature. tank is bomb... noticed Mitras... what settings are you using.. looks white but still some blue but corals look poppin... looking to tweak mine possibly as i just tried to copy ab+ 100 for blues and 24 for red green and whites. and brightness 90% for now.. UV just got to 40 for now

i believe it says it comes out to like 17,400k color... then for last 3 hours i run it to i believe about 21000k
Thank you guys, I can't believe you are reading back that far! It's been a meandering build thread!

As for my light, I made my own settings. I pretty much max out the blues and UV at peak and run the whites around 80%. Then the reds and green are around 40%. I have fun with my sunset where for around an hour my reds ramp up to 70% to create an amazing redish sunset.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took a new FTS. Things are still growing.

FTS23.jpg

Center.jpg

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't heard much from you this week @Brew12 . Hoping that's due to the kitchen remodeling. Also hope the tank is rolling along well.

I'm not sure if you've seen this thread and immediately thought of you and the CaRx trials you had been having with your GEO when I read it. Perhaps it can be of some help.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't heard much from you this week @Brew12 . Hoping that's due to the kitchen remodeling. Also hope the tank is rolling along well.

I'm not sure if you've seen this thread and immediately thought of you and the CaRx trials you had been having with your GEO when I read it. Perhaps it can be of some help.

I'm doing ok and I have definitely been busy. This kitchen work is taking much longer than I expected so I haven't had much time to work on the tank. I should have the cabinets completely done by the end of the day tomorrow, so that will be nice.

I did see that thread but unfortunately, the modification won't work for me I don't think. Different reactor style.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back