Brew's 187g slice of the ocean

U

User1

View Badges
No clutch, paddle shufters right? No knees needed to win a race in that puppy. Bimmers and Porsches are my cup of tea.

Most automatics these days are using the paddle shifters on sport models. Our 2019 Explorer sport has them and it can be pretty fun spooling up the turbos. Even the pony cars have been running them. I remember my Lexus IS300 had them. Fun for a bit but then I never used them. Go figure.

The GT500 lads are terrorizing the tracks with their automatics be it curves or straight line. Technology.... I still prefer manual and loved it in my gt/pp 2015 mustang. Track time was always fun but I have to say more time with hands on the wheel is safer although gives one a false sense of security.

Edit: nice car btw. Sorry also about the tank issues. No fun.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most automatics these days are using the paddle shifters. Even the pony cars have been running them. I remember my Lexus IS300 had them. Fun for a bit but then I never used them. Go figure.

The GT500 lads are terrorizing the tracks with their automatics be it curves or straight line. Technology....
I remember my slk350. Was a joy to drive.

And when ferrari introduced the twin clutch autos i believe it was, it changed the game. Millisecond shift times. Cant be duplicated by man sadly.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer on the knee, the navy physical therapy doc that I see basically told me I will have to just deal with it as I'm not a surgical candidate.
I'm definitely a candidate. All I have to do is give the word. The two sides of my knee should be identical. The part circled in green is the good side, the part in red the torn side.
1605326642927.png

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No clutch, paddle shufters right? No knees needed to win a race in that puppy. Bimmers and Porsches are my cup of tea.
Yup, it has paddle shifters. I don't mind driving a manual but prefer an automatic. I'm lazy that way.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sitting here as my tank is still looking horrible. And.. I'm thinking about Disney instead. With the vaccines rolling out soon, should I plan a Disney vacation, solo, for a week in April? I don't want to go if the masks aren't off yet!

With the discounts they are offering and my reward points I could spend almost a week there for only the cost of food.... ;Writing

Finally downloaded all the pictures from last months trip....
1605572153444.png

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sitting here as my tank is still looking horrible. And.. I'm thinking about Disney instead. With the vaccines rolling out soon, should I plan a Disney vacation, solo, for a week in April? I don't want to go if the masks aren't off yet!

With the discounts they are offering and my reward points I could spend almost a week there for only the cost of food.... ;Writing

Finally downloaded all the pictures from last months trip....
1605572153444.png

I was thinking about this too - we won't go while masks required. My really young kids won't leave masks on. I wonder if this mask thing will ever end.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back! I'm keeping busy but that is a good thing. I wish I had a little more time to work on the tank. Right now I'm keeping the Alkalinity down around 6.7 to 7.0 which seems to have stopped most of the damage. It's going to be months before the system recovers, me thinks.

My 15 year old just said he is longing for a Disney trip. He has been digging on Star Wars stuff due to a cool game the boys are playing. I am ok going in winter with a mask but not until we are vaccinated.
It's more than just the masks. Disney isn't the same without the smiles, the parades, the characters walking around, the fireworks. Add on that very limited dining options and shortened park hours, and some of the magic is gone.
I'm very glad we went, but I'll wait until the magic is back.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back! I'm keeping busy but that is a good thing. I wish I had a little more time to work on the tank. Right now I'm keeping the Alkalinity down around 6.7 to 7.0 which seems to have stopped most of the damage. It's going to be months before the system recovers, me thinks.

It's more than just the masks. Disney isn't the same without the smiles, the parades, the characters walking around, the fireworks. Add on that very limited dining options and shortened park hours, and some of the magic is gone.
I can see what you mean. No fireworks? I did not know that. The star wars fire works were amazing!

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

And it’s wayyyyy too expensive nowadays to not get the full experience. The worst part is I’m missing out on doing things like this while my kids are at the perfect age for it. Can’t ever get that back.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see what you mean. No fireworks? I did not know that. The star wars fire works were amazing!
I just looked and they did expand their park hours. While I was there the parks were all closed before sunset. It looks like each park is open for 2 hours longer now than it was in October.
But no... still no fireworks or parades. And yes, the Star Wars show was pretty darn good!

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just looked and they did expand their park hours. While I was there the parks were all closed before sunset. It looks like each park is open for 2 hours longer now than it was in October.
But no... still no fireworks or parades. And yes, the Star Wars show was pretty darn good!
The Star Wars fire works were my favorite! Best I have ever seen. The explosions of the fireworks just matched the battle and synchrony of the story. So amazing!

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And it’s wayyyyy too expensive nowadays to not get the full experience. The worst part is I’m missing out on doing things like this while my kids are at the perfect age for it. Can’t ever get that back.
Mine still want to go at 15, 18, and 25 so all hope is not lost.

Back