Bricked Apex?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything one managed to resolve what I think is a bricked Apex without sending it to Neptune? I woke up one morning last week to see the Apex with a blue flashing then purple then orange light and this continues to rotate through these colors. I can see the IP address on my router but I cannot connect to it from a browser or from the app. When I port scan the device, it shows no open ports. If I disconnect the ethernet cable, the lights go from orange the purple and continues rotating through these colors.
Pressing the reset button for any length of time does not do anything.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disconnect everything from the Apex, then connect only the AquaBus cable from your EnergyBar to the Apex (leave all other modules disconnected). What does the light show then? If it still has the same problem, carefully inspect each AquaBus port and each end of the AquaBus cable for any corrosion. Try a different cable if available.

OP
OP
Clownfishy

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks tried that same problem. I also used a power supply and no aquabus cable, still the same issue.
Is there anything else I could try?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks tried that same problem. I also used a power supply and no aquabus cable, still the same issue.
Is there anything else I could try?

Nothing else I know of. You'll probably need to work with Neptune Support on this.

OP
OP
Clownfishy

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many thanks. Very strange as I was not updating the firmware, just woke up in the morning and it was doing this!

csund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This happened to me twice. The first time I paid for the exchange brain unit. The second time I paid for the exchange and also purchased a GHL system and promptly sold the apex. Never looked back.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back